Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 09-30-2022, 12:07 PM
Banned

“Hans Niemann, an up and coming youngster”

You pronounced “an up and coming cheater” wrong

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 09-30-2022, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Chess is a game that is going to be won by a computer every time.

It’s a neat game but the fact that a computer can win it every time kind of implies that it’s not a very good game and the only people that are good at it are people that aren’t human.

Like people good at chess don’t exude the qualities that make people more human, and that’s why they win, they exude less qualities that make people human and make them more like a machine.

Nobody should be prouder more like a simple machine and less like a complex soul.
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-30-2022 at 12:18 PM..
Old 09-30-2022, 12:20 PM
Banned

I was listening to a video of grandmasters saying he was playing with a computer-rated score that not even Bobby Fischer was playing at or something
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66514850-CCF2-4FBC-AA6B-B99224C1FDF6.jpg (22.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 09-30-2022, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Losers IMO
Old 09-30-2022, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chess is a game that is going to be won by a computer every time.

It’s a neat game but the fact that a computer can win it every time kind of implies that it’s not a very good game and the only people that are good at it are people that aren’t human.

Like people good at chess don’t exude the qualities that make people more human, and that’s why they win, they exude less qualities that make people human and make them more like a machine.

Nobody should be prouder more like a simple machine and less like a complex soul.
Yes of course eventually AI should be able to be programmed to beat us at any game in existence

It can be pre-loaded with every strategy ever conceived ready to be utilized, can respond quicker than our eye->hand response time, and has algorithms that can do more computations simultaneously than our brain

When you consider all the other things the brain is managing, computing and remembering to allow the body to survive, I think it is still fancier than any computer currently though, although I could be wrong on that
Old 09-30-2022, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

I dont think I'm right on this one, but it's how I feel.

It just seems off to me. Like, I just think its wierd when we're like, "look at this child, its so good at piano!"

its kind of like, "look my kid is retarded in a neat way!"
Old 09-30-2022, 12:57 PM
Banned

Magnus has not been able to voice his concerns and suspicions because he would be opening himself up to be sued for slander or something

He has said he needs Hans to do up a contract saying he will not sue Magnus if Magnus says his concerns

And Hans will not do it. Another thing adding another layer of skepticism to those considering whether he won legit. If you won legit, why not allow your opponent to voice his concerns?
Old 09-30-2022, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

If you're not playing chess with wood or stone, you're not playing chess at all.

Everything else is being good at words with friends, and I will die on that hill.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:32 PM
Banned

bro how tf do you cheat on chess lmao
Old 09-30-2022, 01:38 PM
Fire Giant

When you recreate his match(es), the kid plays almost perfect chess. He's three times the better player (makes the perfect move every time) than anyone else in the world that has ever played in modern history. Unpossible.

Radio controlled but beads? Undetectable terminator from the future? Not sure. But he's either cheating or he's a robot.