Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Orc

Default Upgrade Choices - 59 Bard

Hey, Team,

I am nearing 60 with my Bard and I’m deeply considering upgrade choices. With my recent surge in leveling has come a bit of coin. I’ve mapped out my current gear and potential upgrades on a spreadsheet for you to view and edit.

A couple notes: One, while I have talented friends, I am not currently in a raiding guild and for the purpose of this exercise, I am assuming I won’t be for awhile. So please don’t suggest no drop raid items. Two, right now I am only considering items that cost 25K or less or can be feasibly quested. No 200K legacy items right now. It takes me weeks - to - months to generate this kind of coin. The one exception is Fungi Tunic. If someone suggests I save every coin for weeks to buy a Fungi and provides a good reason, I will accept that, especially since I may roll another melee toon soon. Three, I know that conventional wisdom is that I should ignore all other upgrades until I have the best instruments possible. I accept that suggestion and if that’s what you think, just say so here. Four, I have not populated this spreadsheet with Thurg armor and I probably should.

I have copied this spreadsheet and have a protected version, so please mark it up or just make your suggestions here. Basically provide me any insight you can about how I should move forward. Thank you so much for your input!

http://https://docs.google.com/sprea...3fow5JNQVL_1jY
Old 09-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Fire Giant

Level 60
Old 09-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Orc

Oops, I goofed on the original URL for the spreadsheet. Here is the correct one:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...1jY/edit#gid=0
Old 09-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Orc

Update: I just purchased a McVaxious Horn of War. I now plan on buying a Crown of King Tranix because I think the MR will save my ass more than any other purchase right now, plus it builds towards my toon being more raid worthy. That should deplete my savings for awhile, and maybe by then I will be ready to join a raiding guild.

Thanks for the help!
Old 09-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

You can join a raiding guild naked as a bard. Mana song doesn't require gear, mana regeneration is not affected by instrument modifier.

However, the blue diamond/diamond resist gear is the best purchases you can make outside of raid gear. Quest a Falinkan instead, its arguably better, and MR is super easy to stack on a bard (we have two songs that stack for like +140MR with a vendor drum).

Also, horn is useless, its only useful for offensive songs. Percussion and String matter more, drum for +resist buffs and Occlusion -resist debuff, string for +HP regen.
Closed Thread