Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 03:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2018, 04:37 PM
Fire Giant

I like Mumpz's story best, probably because I'm the Paladin in it. Please pay him 10k.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:37 PM
Aviak

Default Blast from the past

My most epic fight happened on my paladin in South Karana at the aviak house camp.
I was medding up near the bottom of the ramp where I was soloing aviaks, when a naked level 45 or so troll comes rolling by and I recognize his name. I asked him whether he used that name on live and he said he always used it in every game. Turns out this guy ran the guild that I always aspired to join when I watched my friend play on Tarew Marr back in 1999-2000, i never played enough to join the ranks of this particular guild but I watched my friend, who was a member, raid with these guys for a long time before I ever had my own pc.
On a whim I challenged him to a duel. I think i was around level 25 with decent armor and a ghoulbane/shiny brass shield... I nearly killed him when he didn't take it seriously at first so he ran away for a while, but he ended up pummeling me to death at the end. We chatted for a while about old times for a while after that
Old 09-21-2018, 09:43 PM
Aviak

Default Thanks for the help

Just thought of another story that I wanted to share lol

Was on my rogue around level 45 I think? I got it in my head that I could now kill stormfeather solo, I played probably 80% of my levels solo on this character and I liked challenges.. so I had been lurking around the camp off and on for a few days trying to get info, there was no list at this time, finally I stayed there one evening for a few hours when I witnessed the guy who had the camp actually kill the bird, so I now had the timer and no one else was there waiting so I sat down and waited, claiming the camp for myself. I remember that I was not sure if I was going to be able to win the fight, so i had lots of anxiety about it. Anyway I sat down and waited for the first window which came and went, then the next window was going to be in the morning at like 4am to 8am or something I forget. Now some time after the first spawn was skipped, this ogre warrior came and sat down next to the spawn. He was almost entirely unresponsive, the only thing that I could get out of him was whether he was here for stormfeather or not and he said he was, I figured that he was goin to get the timer and be next in line... I stayed awake until about 11 and was getting pretty tired when I had a great idea... I was standing next to the previous camp holder guy when the last stormfeather popped and I remember you could hear it's wings beating when he spawned, so I just turned up my speakers to maximum and went to bed. (Pc was in my bedroom)
I woke up later when I heard the music of the character select screen and freaked out. Its like 2am and I had been at this camp for like 35 hours so far, which is something I have almost never done for any game, I was not going to lose this camp.
I was sure I had only been Link dead for a few minutes because I am a light sleeper, and the music was painfully loud, I failed the first attempt to reconnect and nearly punched the screen... When I finally got back in there was that fat ogre warrior standing there Claiming that he was taking the camp because I left. After arguing that I had just gone link dead I just stayed there, figured that the bird was not due for several more hours and if he wanted to contest, he would do so.
I went back to sleep, parked there next to the spawn, speakers at 11...
I woke to the sound of the wings flapping, jumped out of bed and watched him just start to roam. I ran after him and engaged. Soon after the fat ogre warrior started attacking him, intent on stealing. I think i would have died to stormfeather had the warrior not been there, so I dropped agro with sneak and then got it back with backstabs again and again, he did everything a warrior could do but in the end I got the kill, got the map piece, and endured lots of swears from a fat ogre warrior
Closed Thread