Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So an update to this: I did Cazic Thule port when I hit 24, and.. uh, yeah that's not going to happen for anyone doing this quest. The port in is surrounded by 3 mobs that instantly kill a level 24 in a second. Its too dangerous to be useful. Maybe if a super high level wants to try it but by then its a little past the point of doing it.

I never ported to CT before so I wasn't ready for that, unless you were trying to prank me and I didn't pick up on it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't a prank... I don't know CT zone well, I just knew that wizzies get a port there.
PM me if you need help with CR.

It does seem an odd design choice to have a 24 port spell which cannot be safely used by a lv 24... then again, EJ port isn't safe either, and some others too.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:26 PM
Banned

My druid is currently level 18. Chances are by the time I hit 24 they'll release Chardok 2.0 and I won't be able to do this.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always good to have a video of this to link people too.

The Druid route is insanely fast at 24 once you get Ring of Feerott. You can easily do one full cycle in 2 minutes depending on your HD speed and internet speed. Its a very easy way to get from 24-34 so you can start quadding. Technically you can keep going with it but it really starts to slow down after that.
I found it extremely mana intensive. I could get like maximum 3 MAYBE 4 trips from a mana bar and was getting like 2-3% per handin at level 24.

Maybe if i had mana regen buffs or something idk.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillyturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found it extremely mana intensive. I could get like maximum 3 MAYBE 4 trips from a mana bar and was getting like 2-3% per handin at level 24.

Maybe if i had mana regen buffs or something idk.
It certainly helps. Gate to WC and try to snag a potg before you start. It's good to do while watching movies or something when you are partially checked out. Do a few runs then AFK med up at the centaurs, then do more runs.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This may be nerfed. lvl 20 gnome wizard doing the fay port and getting maybe 1/3 of a blue per run. with a sow i can do it in around 1 min 40 seconds so thats roughly a blue per 5 min. not horrible but not as good as it sounds like it was.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm slayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This may be nerfed. lvl 20 gnome wizard doing the fay port and getting maybe 1/3 of a blue per run. with a sow i can do it in around 1 min 40 seconds so thats roughly a blue per 5 min. not horrible but not as good as it sounds like it was.
The only good turn in vendors that I know of are the Feerott and Kaladim ones. The Kaladim vendor is only up from 6am to 8pm. The exp returns from the rest definitely do not seem worth it.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe a good quest to do if youre afraid of the monsters coming to get you
Old 09-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe a good quest to do if youre afraid of the monsters coming to get you
I thought the same until I got 2 levels + 1 full yellow of exp in just under 5 hours last night.

You might be able to get those results with a stellar group and ZEM dungeon but I doubt it.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Just finished reaching 34 on my druid doing this, starting at level 20. Levels 20 to 24 took a bit as I had to do the straight run from North Karana into South karana for the bread, and then Gate back to the ogre inkeep. At level 24 however, going from 24 to 30 took 2 hours per level. I had a friend using a high level necro parked in Feerrott twitching my mana while they played Total War: Warhammer while we stayed on discord voice chat.

Ending plat earned from the quest between levels 20 to 34 was 1400pp. I'd say this is really worth doing IF you have a source of mana recovery for your druid.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say this is really worth doing IF you have a source of mana recovery for your druid.
Just port to WC and pay someone for a POTG. It lasts like an 1 hour or more and the mana regen is about the same as Clarity.

Just beware after level 34, as you haven't trained your spells in 10 levels so combat will be straight booty for awhile.
Closed Thread