Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

View Poll Results: What is the WORST zone on the face of the planet?
Estate of Unrest 4 1.11%
Lower Guk 5 1.39%
Kedge Keep 48 13.30%
SolB 1 0.28%
SolA 0 0%
Kithicor Forest 9 2.49%
Veeshan's Peak 7 1.94%
Emerald Jungle 11 3.05%
Lesser Fay 12 3.32%
Sebilis 0 0%
Dagnor's Cauldron 21 5.82%
Feerott 0 0%
City of Mist 8 2.22%
West Karana 21 5.82%
Karnors Castle 19 5.26%
Innothule Swamp 4 1.11%
Swamp Of No Hope 40 11.08%
Plane of Sky 32 8.86%
Befallen 11 3.05%
Burning woods 23 6.37%
Crushbone 1 0.28%
Halas 9 2.49%
Toxxulia Forest 11 3.05%
The Overthere 1 0.28%
Dalnir 16 4.43%
Kelethin 3 0.83%
Skyfire 14 3.88%
Western Wastes 1 0.28%
Qeynos Sewers 29 8.03%
Voters: 361. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 12:29 PM
Kobold

Mons Letalis.

Oh wait. Heh. You poor saps.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

I voted tox but maybe I think swamp of no hope is worse? I never tried to level an iksar there but I assume it would be pretty shitty. A shame the frog village isn't fun to fight in, but I can't imagine the shitty pathing and them falling off etc. that would occur.

I actually really don't care for Nurga. I know some people find spots to hunt there that are pretty good I guess, but I don't see how eq needed two goblin dungeons so close to each other, and if I'm remembering correctly from one thread someone posted that nurga and kerra isle consistently had the fewest amount of people on /who. That was years back though.

Kedge I think is kinda cool, BW I have a weird soft spot for, WK I like, DC I could see being a shitty zone I just kinda think of it as a passthrough zone so it doesn't evoke much emotion from me. Plane of Sky I think is kinda cool, but RAIDING plane of sky is the absolute fucking worst.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:03 PM
Fire Giant

Timorous Deep really needs to be on that list!
Old 09-25-2018, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...but I don't see how eq needed two goblin dungeons so close to each other
Droga and Nurga are linked internally in much the same manner as Upper and Lower Guk or Sol-A and Sol-B, although the relationship is more similar to that of the Guk zones. Nurga also has a distinctly unfinished feel to it. There aren't a lot of named, not much in the way of itemization, and large portions of the zone contain nothing of substantial interest. Swamp of No Hope has that same sort of unfinished feel. These zones were, I think, early harbingers of what was to come: Future expansions would contain more incomplete content as one expansion after the next was quickly rushed out in cash-grab fashion.

I regard Sky as the worst zone because it's bad in spite of receiving full development. Its flaws are of a fundamental nature rather than being due to lack of attention.

Danth
Old 09-28-2018, 10:48 AM
Orc

Srsly no Gorge of King Xorbb in this poll?
Old 09-28-2018, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

It's a toss up between Kedge and BW for me.

Kedge is just like the ocean irl. All water and not an environment your toon (or real self) should be in if you value being in control of a situation. Your character is slower than normal, you have to have levi and EB up in some form, and if you're a caster, you have to put your back to a wall to get any cast off with a mob on you (sometimes even without). Not to mention the zone is confusing if you're not familiar with it and mermaids suck.

Burning Woods is ok if you're a bard and semi ok if you're a sow class, but if you lack mobility spells/songs and invis, you can get shit on pretty quick. Pathing sarnaks all over the damn zone, most of which seem to have sow and love to root and dot you. Named gorillas that like to blend in with other gorillas and they just hope you do any form of damage to them so they can summon your ass. Giants, wurms and other shitty mobs just litter the rest of the place. Honestly the skeletons and wasps are the least threatening, but can swarm you pretty easily depending what part of the zone you're in. And all of this is in a zone that decided to put a shitload of trees everywhere, specifically on the edges of the zone where zone lines would be. The only zone I can find on a consistent basis is skyfire and that's because I know it's in the NW and there's a dead tree that stands alone on a slope where the path to zl starts. Second easiest is Chardok, then FM. Then it goes hardmode with DL. I've died more than once trying to find DL before.

I went with Kedge though because no matter how familiar I get with that zone, nothing will correct the mechanics in place for underwater gameplay.
Closed Thread