Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 01:07 PM
Orc

Default Druid, I put most of my points into CHA...

Is this going to be an issue? If so, how and when.

I am a half elf, I think I put 20 points in CHA and the other 5 into Wis or maybe STA. My thought process was that CHA affects mind control and I had read the druids mind control animals a lot...

I am now level 17 and dont really want to redo those levels again with a druid. my plan is to level a druid and then level a few alts, hopefully in different zones. if the stats are a big issue, then I need to know when I will stop levelling my druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2017, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

You'll just have to work harder to get your stats to the right spot for mana. Druid charm doesn't rely on CHA, it relies more on MR and level difference.

Seek +wis and +mana gear and you'll be fine. (And merchants will give you better prices since you don't smell as much as the average druid!)

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 02-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Or reroll lvl 17 isn't that hard to regain.
Ssepticbank - Trader <Azure Guard>
Old 02-07-2017, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Half-elves are already the worst Druid race, and with only 5 in Wisdom that means you'll be sitting somewhere around 70-75 wisdom baseline. That's pretty low for a casting class. You could make do if you want to, but your mana pool will always be a little more limited than most Druids of equivalent level. You should favor activities like charming which aren't too dependent on mana pool over things like quadding. In the long run you can make it work; ultimately any stat deficiency can be fixed with equipment.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-07-2017 at 03:28 PM..
Old 02-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froakula [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or reroll lvl 17 isn't that hard to regain.
this is why I am asking, since its my first character I had to invest a lot of time into getting to level 17.

I figure I may as well keep going, if anything I should get high enough where I can go farm belts/pads in CB and then I can get a character back up to 15 or so with turn in. This would be very soon, if not already or get high enough level where I can purchase some nice equipment.

Heck, at this point it might make sense to keep going just to get the grp port spells [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2017, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

I suppose the question of whether you want to go on depends on what you want to do with your Druid. Wisdom scales in effect with level. At low levels it has little effect. Don't worry about this at all until level 30+. At high levels (50+) your Half Elf is looking at having, say, perhaps 300 less mana than a Wood Elf druid who did his stats differently. That's about one or two casts of the types of spells people tend to use. It might matter for quadding or acting as a healer in a group; it wouldn't matter much for charming or root-rot type gameplay. It certainly wouldn't make any difference for a port mule.

In so many words, if you really like quadding you might want to re-create him; otherwise just stick it out.

Danth
Old 02-07-2017, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Starting stats never make or break anything, but you didn't do yourself any favors with your choice. For charming purposes, charisma really only helps enchanters. Technically it helps bards, but our charm only lasts 18 seconds - so not really worth considering. Bards do get other very real benefits from charisma - but charming isn't really one of those benefits.

On p99 charisma helps:
-enchanters charm
-all classes sell for higher prices (to a point)
-all classes other than Druids/rangers lull (harmony unresistable)
-bards miss fewer notes

Doesn't help druid/sham charm animals (yep shamans can do it briefly) or necro charm.

Technically helps bard charm but the duration is already so short it's a wash.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Orc

well that really sucks... lol. I could have dumped the points into STR and I could have been able to carry more stuff or STA to get more HP. Seems kinda of useless for druids [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-07-2017, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

Having additional mana is decent for quadding and might let you hunt certain mobs a little bit earlier.... as a druid you should be able to charm kill with no problem even with a smaller mana pool.

If I were you I would re-roll halfling and put 20 points into wisdom, 10 into stamina. But that's just b/c I love gnomes/halflgingings.

If you are unsure of your final plans and still just messing around with diff chars, you're just jumping into P99 and not an insane powergamer right now who will PL another druid in no time then you might not want to give up on your druid.

If you really are going to try to play longterm and "end game raiding" and you're the type of person that will be bothered by the misused stats then I'd suggest re-rolling.

You could try to farm up some bonechips... get an alt druid up to 10 using the bonechip quest in Kaladim and then try to make up those last levels again.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:17 PM
Orc

Thanks for the input.

I think I will stick it out for now and level up until I see issues. I am the type of person who doesn't like to be gimped, but at the same time I don't have the time to invest in the game.
Closed Thread