Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've not known raw stat buffs to have any appreciable impact on pets. Buff spells with some direct effect (haste, hit points, etc) certainly work.

Danth
This. Focus does work.

The easiest way without viewing logs is toss a haste on and check pre/post dmg.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:37 AM
Planar Protector

It is worth repeating this - confirmed with extensive parsing (dozens of hours worth) on live and more limited parsing on p99.

Pets as npcs do not have an AC hard or soft cap like players do. Each AC buff adds mitigation potential at a 1:1 return. For pets in this era - this also means agility does have an impact. Whether a summoned or charmed pet, if you're using it to tank or expecting it to get hit, those buffs will surprise you. Whether it is worth it or depends on what you're doing. If you're using a pet to tank or offtank it is well worth your time to apply buffs to pets.

The following do help your pet
Str
Hp buffs
Focus str stacks with maniacal if applied after
Agility
AC
Regen
Haste
Resists

The following don't seem to do anything:
Stamina
Dexterity
Charisma

Dogdog is meh for dps but properly buffed and with a passive regen of 30 - he serves nicely as an offtank. A fully buffed earth pet is a beastly tank.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 02-14-2017 at 02:40 AM..
Old 02-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Sarnak

Made a few changes to my shaman's pet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battle wolf.jpg (48.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 02-14-2017, 06:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is worth repeating this - confirmed with extensive parsing (dozens of hours worth) on live and more limited parsing on p99.

Pets as npcs do not have an AC hard or soft cap like players do. Each AC buff adds mitigation potential at a 1:1 return. For pets in this era - this also means agility does have an impact. Whether a summoned or charmed pet, if you're using it to tank or expecting it to get hit, those buffs will surprise you. Whether it is worth it or depends on what you're doing. If you're using a pet to tank or offtank it is well worth your time to apply buffs to pets.

The following do help your pet
Str
Hp buffs
Focus str stacks with maniacal if applied after
Agility
AC
Regen
Haste
Resists

The following don't seem to do anything:
Stamina
Dexterity
Charisma

Dogdog is meh for dps but properly buffed and with a passive regen of 30 - he serves nicely as an offtank. A fully buffed earth pet is a beastly tank.
This should really be in the shaman guide. Thanks Troxx. I only found out through trial and error what worked and what didn't.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:38 AM
Planar Protector

It's not really new knowledge for those of that played a lot on live before here. Pet tanking is actually quite overpowered even with the 55 shaman pet. 30 passive regen is nothing to sneeze at and fully shaman buffed that pet can get close to 2500. Still - not a ton, but comparable to what a non raid geared level 60 (excluding tank classes) will sport. Shaman and to a lesser degree necro warrior pets really only lack in the relative departments of mitigation and resists. Fixing the mitigation arm of the equation is shockingly not hard with AC and agility buffs. Back in KC in my low to mid 50s, it was actually easier to heal my buffed pet solo than it was to heal a warrior or knight duo. My pet regen'd for 30 passive before regrowth and frankly took about the same or even less damage with AC buffs.

Mage earth pets were simply beastly with higher level and innate AC - and those AC buffs still stack with 1:1 returns from their starting points.

Even the crappy necro AC buff helps boner take a lot less damage from seafuries. I usually just root and dot them down to 35% and send in pet to melee them down. He takes a lot less damage with even the crappy necro AC buff.

Before anyone says I'm doing it wrong on necro - it's always too crowded to bother with fear kiting and with splurt and 3 min root I can keep 2-3 lined up while medding. I'd rather hassle less and get full do on each kill.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread