Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 12:55 PM
Kobold

Default 55+ / Pre-Epic Warrior DPS Weapons - Exquisite 2Hs vs Winter's Fury vs. Others?

So i've read through the posts about Warrior DPS weapons for lower level and am more looking for ideas about solid DPS weapons to use before epic in the late 50's as a warrior.

Overalll, what's better late 50's DPS for a warrior an Exquisite 2hs 32/36 or Frostbringer + Winter's Fury (some other similar pairing)? Looking for something in the 8-12k range, though down to spend a little more if something's worth it.

Currently 57 with almost full SS armor, CoCW 36% haste, and Infestation + Frostbringer for weapons. As I've been doing more and more raiding, the need for a solid DPS weapon that I can use when I'm not tanking and don't want aggro is becoming more and more evident in addition to the fact that sometimes it seems like my group could just use more DPS out of me than raw aggro (when we don't have enough members - non ideal set-up).

Some issues people have brought up is that 2hs DPS is before Warrior Triple Attack comes in, and that warriors can't Triple Attack with Piercing Weapons (which is downside to Lances OR Sebilite Croaking Dirk)

Thoughts??
Old 05-10-2018, 01:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrior triple attack is in at 60 and it works with all weapon types.
Was hoping for a Naethyn reply!

Okay, so then you'd say Seb Croaking Dirk + Winters Fury? Or go Exquisite Claymore? Or something else?
Old 05-10-2018, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

people underestimate white damage aggro.

spoiler: it's stronk
Old 05-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

How about a Reaver?
Old 05-10-2018, 05:51 PM
Kobold

A little past the target price range, but not a bad idea.

I used one on Live and later on EQ Mac many years ago when they were changed to Magic weapons.

Are the mobs in HoT vulnerable to non-magic weapons? Not sure whether Kunark undead in Seb / KC / Chardok would be immune either.
Old 05-10-2018, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I used one on Live and later on EQ Mac many years ago when they were changed to Magic weapons.

Are the mobs in HoT vulnerable to non-magic weapons? Not sure whether Kunark undead in Seb / KC / Chardok would be immune either.
No practical experience but understand almost everything in Velious (including most but not all of TOV) is vulnerable. All Classic world as well minus some undead npcs. Kunark seems a mixed bag; I hear in KC the Drolvarg and skeletons are vulnerable but not the hand or specters. Should work on most things in Seb but not Trak and a few others.

I have a cheap 30/36 2hs in my pallies bag for those rare situations. Had to liquidate a bunch of stuff for the Reaver but love it. If I had triple attack and crits/crips I'm sure it would be even more fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 05-11-2018, 05:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know that golems in Chardok and Seb are immune.
Serraphina Lacrimosa <Paradigm Shift> - 56 Rogue
Old 05-21-2018, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How about a Reaver?
I used this until Sleeper's Tomb started being nice. It's perfectly strong but has some major baggage

It's viable as long as the monster isn't immune to nomagical weapons. Problem is, half of the mobs in Kunark past lvl 35 or so are immune. Good news is, nothing in Velious except Guardians of Zek and maybe some obscure ghost-type mobs in TOFS can prevent the damage

Get a reaver

It's the cheapst raw damage : PP ratio you can possibly hope for. Just don't swing it at Trakanon or CoM trash mobs...
Old 05-22-2018, 06:52 AM
Fire Giant

dual wield - exquisite 1handers (like warsword or battlehammer), fist of zek, winters fury, edge of nightwalker, swiftblade of zek

2h - staff of battle, exquisite 2handers, etc.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:40 AM
Kobold

Yeah I think after all this I'm going to pick up a Winters Fury for now and either a Staff of Battle or better 2hs. Down the road I may get a Reaver as the ratio is boss and frankly it will look cool with my troll warrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Closed Thread