Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To ding 60 you need to be able to kill level 40 mobs. I haven't played an EQ rogue in 16 years but can a level 59 UNTWINKED rogue kill a level 40 mob at all?

Probably boils down to what is considered untwinked. If no epic, no fungi no CoF etc... I suppose nope? Cuz level 40 mobs double for 100 and a 59 rogue has like what 1500 HPs with some basic gear?
No excuse for no epic by then. I did mine unguided.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:30 AM
Sarnak

Yes. A level 59 rogue can solo the goblin jailmaster camp without epic. Being able to solo goblins in permafrost also gives an mediocre way to earn income for recharging root nets and buying poison. You can solo frost giant elites in Great Divide with a few root net charges as soon as you can get them to land successfully. You shoot one, kite it over 5 coldain tracking wolves, bring them off to the side, root the giant. Shoot it some during the fight. Once its killed them all, it should be at ~25% life, and they run, so you should be able to melee it into fleeing from there. If its not running or you get unlucky can can't melee it down to that range, go get it in another fight with a tracking wolf and/or root it and shoot it to death with a bow.

Doing this until 60 would be pretty awful, but its definitely possible. I'm sure there are other ways you can get there too that I'm not as familar with. It gets way, way easier if you don't consider buying gear from people to be twinking, then you can grind out the stuff you need to solo in a much more reasonable way. With decent armor, a bandage knife and slow poison, its not too bad.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No excuse for no epic by then. I did mine unguided.
He said solo and untwinked. How do you solo General or Renux etc as a rogue?

Unless you mean farm lowbie drops and buy the epic MQ, but I don't think the OP meant that as a mean of achieving level 60 untwinked.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

You can also solo stuff by snaring it with snare poison, dotting it with berserker madness, and basically DoT kiting it around. You can kill pretty much anything that doesn't summon and isn't immune to poison that way, assuming you're willing to spend enormous quantities of time farming the platinum to make the poison and get the materials.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Player named Sqid from the something awful forums did this with both a Warrior and Rogue. Went so far as to click off buffs others gave him. I believe he used the bind during combat trick till the 30's then thought that made it too easy and went without all the way up to 60. He thought it was far easier to get to 60 this way on the rogue than his warrior. Sadly he stepped down as GL of Unknown Guild about a year back so no easy way to ask him his path although it's buried somewhere in the p1999 thread on SA.
Hey I actually ran into this guy sqid in qeynos about a month back he’s a gnome lvl 60 rogue and I just randomly talk to rogues usually so I asked if he soloed not knowing him he said yeah so I asked him where he fought cause I’m lvl 57 rogue and I’ve soloed all but 2 or 3 levels and he said he would kill city bankers and use root nets cause they have hardly no HP and no faction hits. Also he wields bloodpoints x2 and has a fungi and rest of his gear like all of it has To HP on it . Doesn’t have epic either
Closed Thread