Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Banned

Default Plat farming for Rogues

I shouldn't be asking this question because my Rogue is level 60 and I should be farming plat with an alt, but dammit I'm stubborn.

Where's a good spot for a 60 Rogue to farm plat?

I will be looking forward to Cecily's response.
Old 09-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Fire Giant

Are you trying to preserve any factions in the process?
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 09-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Guardians in SS at the well.

Nobles in HHK

If you are a good Rog you could do NG

Hill Giants are always good farm.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 09-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Ixi CoFs. Rogues epic MQs. Camp fungi for split on tunic. Rogues aren't an efficient farming class and that's for peasants anyway. We make all our money from drops and MQs. I used to run a Ragebringer every time my money ran low. TYVM 30k. Covered my ports for 6 months. I eventually just started vacationing on seafury island with my ranger since I liked the chaos of that place. Get 5p advice from others.

PS: I used to live in Paineel at low level.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:27 PM
Sarnak

i would just pickpocket exit mobs and do CRs in Sebilis when groups wipe, which is a lot, i would make like 2k just messing around doing that while i think of what i want to actually spend my time doing. make friends with the other rogues and they will start sending tells to replace them at CE and King. Rogues are also usually welcome on farm teams in HoT or or other big monster kills...also epic MQs FTW
Old 09-07-2018, 01:49 AM
Fire Giant

Do what I did and make a druid. The thief class is poor as shit and has no good way to make money, while the tree dwelling forest recluse is rolling in plat.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:42 AM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do what I did and make a druid. The thief class is poor as shit and has no good way to make money, while the tree dwelling forest recluse is rolling in plat.
Good point about the thief class - why can't they pickpocket gobs of platinum from the jewelry and gem NPCs in Freeport & Neriak? We know some of these merchant NPCs got to be super loaded now... or how about that gnome in Solusek's Eye?
Old 09-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

I will note that if you're willing to be kind of a jerk about it, you can make gobs of plat being a thief. Borgnach was pulling 2k per hour at seafuries during his seafury heist, and I strongly suspect that reasonable plat could be made at the ice giants in everfrost, either by just looting all of them while people kill them or maybe with some creative guard training+pickpocketing if you drive off all the people camping. People will just hate you, because you're basically engaging in sanctioned kill stealing.

Having never done this and not really wanting to steal from camped mobs, I don't know how much money you can get if you're looting all the ice giants outside permafrost. I have stolen all of the stuff off one that wasn't being camped before, and if its representative I suspect looting all of them would be pretty good plat/hour. If they ever all weren't camped, I would actually love trying to see if I can steal all their stuff, train a guard over to kill them, and repeat, but I don't think I've ever seen them all free at once to give it a try.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Stealing from engaged mobs is shameful and you should feel bad if you’re doing it blatantly. On the sly... sure. I used to make 1k/day on live (I don’t think there’s the right number of HG spawns on P99) pickpocketing unengaged hill giants. I couldn’t kill them so if they flipped on me I zoned or died. Blatantly stealing from someone is just poor behavior through mechanic exploitation and I don’t support it. Being a rogue is about not being caught.
Old 09-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

I tend to agree, which is why I only steal off unengaged stuff. I'm really not even sure why picking on something other people are killing is allowed at all, given that in a lot of cases its basically the same outcome as kill stealing them.

Pickpocketing unengaged stuff can be super fun though, though not terribly lucrative by level 60 standards most of the time. I have fond memories of lifting a sapphire off an unengaged seafury in my early 20's, funded a decent chunk of my early stat jewelry.