Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-14-2022, 07:55 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation FPS Bug causes bard speed and quick casting

Uploaded a video here: https://youtu.be/9l6mZyR0vSE

Basically, upon logging in, noticed that at my char select screen, when switching between characters, their animations were really sped up (recorded it towards the end of the video) After I logged in, my FPS was really low (34 or something like that) and I was running at bard speed (I am a wizard.) When I casted a spell, I noticed it casted very fast but still in the chat window, the delay on spell being cast and spell being landed were the same delay.

This is the first time in my history of playing P99 this has happened. I recently purchased a new CPU in September which has Windows 11 Pro on it (or 10 pro? I don't even know) and have been running it in WinEQ and Windows Service Pack 3 compatibility. Even with that, I would say my client crashes about 40 percent of the time upon login, and about 40 percent of the time when I zone.

Any ideas?

(And yes, I logged out, restarted my client and the bug was gone)
Old 12-31-2022, 10:38 AM
Skeleton

Same thing happened to me about a year ago, haven’t seen it before or after that one time. Ran around a bit and casted spells at turbo speed, relogged, all back to normal.

My specs at the time were win10, running eq in wineq with windows xp sp3 compatibility mode.