Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Bash definitely works more than 50% of the time, it's great for soloing, grouping, and even stopping mobs when fear kiting. I believe bashing from behind gives you a greater chance of success from what I heard but I haven't really tested this. Regardless, it's just a fantastic ability all around especially when paired with the many good 2h weapons out there now which makes having slam even nicer, although epic can be swapped in eventually to make up for this. It might not be the deciding factor when picking a race but it's still really really good.
Old 02-04-2021, 11:01 PM
Kobold

It depends on what you want to do really. Currently leveling an iksar sk, lvl 56 right now, just acquired greenmist as well.
Played a DE on live to 65.

The iksar really comes into its own 55+ with some gear. The AC bonus isn’t earth shattering, but it helps. I’m in mostly mid tier gear and I eclipse 1200 ac raid buffed. Trash mobs on raids are doable, if they can be slowed. Greenmist gets resisted often from what I’ve seen.
Could change at 60 but we will see.

Group tanking however is a joy. Literally. With shroud and greenmist and decent AC, the amount of healing that I require is drastically less than what I needed prior to acquiring my Greenmist. On golems in the hole a cleric can start their ch on me at 20% and I’ll end up just fine.

All antecdotal here, but I’m very happy with iksar as a sk race. If I could re roll any other race I really wouldn’t. The ogre stats and FSI are nice, but I hit close to max stats raid buffed and when I have upgraded more gear I will easily hit max in the important stats. As far as losing fsi, as long as I can snap off a spell here and there I can hold aggro with attack off. Is it annoying? Yeah for sure, but I really can live without it.

TLDR: for an SK. Play what you think looks coolest. As long as you know how to play the class you’ll be fine.