Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default #1 physical #1 keyboard button bound to sit/stand

I seem to have some strange problem and can't seem to figure it out. I'm going to try to explain it as best I can. I just recently installed Titanium and logged into 1999. My issue is that no matter which hotkey page I'm on, if I hit the # 1 key on my keyboard, it will sit stand. Even if the hotkey is blank. I went to Alt-O and changed the key bindings for sit to a different button the the keyboard, and it still sit/stand. If I hit the shift + 2 or 3 or 4, to get to an entire different hotkey page (which all the hotkeys are blank, because I have not assigned them), if I hit the 1 button, it will sit/stand. So it seems that somehow the physical #1 button is bound to sit/stand, regardless of which hotkey page I'm on. any ideas how to fix? Also, another issue that I have encountered is a view problem. I'm 3rd person view, if you hold down the right mouse button and scroll up and down, the view will look up and down. Before, if I held down the LEFT mouse button and scrolled mouse left to right, it would spin in 360 degrees around my char, so I could see my surroundings without standing up. That no longer works. Any fix for this as well? anyway, thanks for reading this.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I forgot to mention that if I use the mouse and left click on the number 1 hokey, it will use the appropriate command that is assigned to that hot-button. So it is definitely the 1 key on the keyboard that is my issue.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:51 AM
Aviak

The first thing i would try is another Keyboard to rule it out as the source of this really odd behaviour.

Is this happening on every character?

There are a number of .ini files in the EQ-Directory that hold configurations for specific characters and the game as a whole.
Afaik keybinds are globally used on all characters, so i would check the .ini-files without character names for any odd entries.
I can't check for the exact filenames atm, since i'm at work.

Good luck.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ok, I guess i should have stated that the first thing I did was try another keyboard. Still happens. Also hitting the physical #1 makes it sit stand for all chars, including logging into the PVP server and creating a completely new character and it still sits by hitting the button. I opened up the eqclient.ini and found this line KEYMAPPING_SIT_STAND_1=2. but not sure what to change it to.

Also, any thoughts on the 360 degree view by holding down left mouse button while sitting in 3rd person?

I appreciate your time.

Thanks again!
Old 05-02-2017, 10:37 AM
Aviak

I just checked my eqclient.ini and there are 23 KEYMAPPING lines, but not KEYMAPPING_SIT_STAND_1=2. I would try and remove it, save eqclient.ini and start up the game.
You can always paste it back in if nothing has changed.