Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a silent observer, I assure you that the only one acting childish here is you. You act as if you are being philanthropic while all you are doing is conning other people into giving you mats and money to increase a skill that will benefit YOU, and insulting anyone that exposes that fact.

Do you really think people are that dumb and cannot see what you are doing? Is your last name Madoff or something little grabbler?

"Look at me! I gave away free banded when I had 30k pp in the bank after using you all to skill up to Master Smith!!" Give me a break.
Holy shit you're incredibly stupid. I gave away hundreds of free sets of banded on blue. I don't intend to ever sell banded for a profit. Grow the fuck up.
Old 09-24-2019, 04:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit you're incredibly stupid. I gave away hundreds of free sets of banded on blue. I don't intend to ever sell banded for a profit. Grow the fuck up.
Sharing is childish, bro. Adults lie, cheat and steal. They jealously guard what they can while enviously eye what they can't.

Ya big baby! /s
Old 09-24-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

I dont know if I will be able to help your cause. But, I do know I will be looking for you once I get the money for my mats.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:59 PM
Fire Giant

Word on the street is many of the noob quests will be disabled on launch. Plan B is I'm rolling a mage and I'll be able to make cash regardless. Waiting for beta where everyone I've chatted with in DMs will be welcome to join my crew to test out Day 1 strategies. I'm planning to not charge for failed combines. If it fails, I eat it. Hand me the material cost for the piece you want and I trade you the piece for it.
Old 09-25-2019, 03:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Word on the street is many of the noob quests will be disabled on launch. Plan B is I'm rolling a mage and I'll be able to make cash regardless. Waiting for beta where everyone I've chatted with in DMs will be welcome to join my crew to test out Day 1 strategies. I'm planning to not charge for failed combines. If it fails, I eat it. Hand me the material cost for the piece you want and I trade you the piece for it.
So then basically your title is a lie, the banded isnt actually free at all
Old 09-25-2019, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

This thread has almost as many stupid people in it as my rnf thread. It's not enough that I would spend my time on Day 1 of a brand new server making the plat to skill up, you think I should also buy people's mats for them?
Old 09-26-2019, 08:09 AM
Kobold

Quote:
This thread has almost as many stupid people in it as my rnf thread. It's not enough that I would spend my time on Day 1 of a brand new server making the plat to skill up, you think I should also buy people's mats for them?
You are right about the stupid part, anyone that thinks you are doing this out of the kindess of your heart and not the fact that you want ppl to bankroll your skill ups so you can start hoarding your plat is stupid as you have indicated, thank god i wont be playing on green.
Old 09-26-2019, 09:59 AM
Orc

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are right about the stupid part, anyone that thinks you are doing this out of the kindess of your heart and not the fact that you want ppl to bankroll your skill ups so you can start hoarding your plat is stupid as you have indicated, thank god i wont be playing on green.
Spot on. His reactions to denigrate and call anyone who doubts his sincerity instantly shows you his true self. Anyone who was truly looking to help others would ignore those attacks or simply shrug them off. His constant name-calling reveals a lot.

He may very well give stuff away to appear a good guy once he has enough plat... but I GUARANTEE you that is AFTER he has acquired a very marketable skill and he will go on to make thousands of plat from it. His helpers will get none of that.

In the end, his laborers will get free banded... and he will be rich because he will outpace all other armorers on the server. At least, that's his plan.
Old 09-26-2019, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I know is, if I bring him the mats, he will make me banded for no additional charge. That means hes already gotten it to trivial.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraznor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spot on. His reactions to denigrate and call anyone who doubts his sincerity instantly shows you his true self. Anyone who was truly looking to help others would ignore those attacks or simply shrug them off. His constant name-calling reveals a lot.

He may very well give stuff away to appear a good guy once he has enough plat... but I GUARANTEE you that is AFTER he has acquired a very marketable skill and he will go on to make thousands of plat from it. His helpers will get none of that.

In the end, his laborers will get free banded... and he will be rich because he will outpace all other armorers on the server. At least, that's his plan.
I think humans are complex, and people can do things that are both nice and self-beneficial. But I also 100% agree that all the truly nice/generous people I know, both in-game and in the forum, would never have a Trump-like reaction when someone attacks them.

I don't know who OP is or whether he's a truly benevolent person or not. The attacks certainly suggest otherwise. But really it doesn't matter: as long as he doesn't mislead anyone (eg. ask for help and then not make "free" banded as promised), he's still taking actions that are more helpful to others than 95+% of the server, however self-motivated they may be.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread