Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2019, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Default 2h On warriors

Hello. As a man who likes to keep it simple and doesn’t mind not being a raid tank as much, I was wondering how effective I could be going two handed weapons alone? I can keep dual wielding on hand when needed but I’m a big fan of the Velious two handers.

Also, when do I get the extra damage for two handing again?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

I only use 1h when grouping, frostbringer and a sarnak warhammer or silken whip. Reaver when solo exclusively. I'm only 56 but about 90% of my grinding is solo and its been really nice to use.

It's a bit streaky compared to DW but on average much better than DW. Also easy to joust and battle bind-wound without losing any dps between swings and retargeting.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

2HX is very fine. usually does better white dps/aggro than DW.
better ripostes. less dmg from DS. more time to combat bind wound. less dmg lost from stuns.
what is your playstyle? twink? ssf? group? duo? solo? raid? casual?
my advice is keep DW capped anyway, you might need them.
but nothing wrong with being a 2HX loving warrior!
Old 12-09-2019, 10:17 PM
Kobold

Casual. Kinda solo lol. On Teal. I have some money and have been trying to get a better 2h than the Bone-Bladed. I’m a half elf Warrior lol. I have full banded and a Minotaur ribcage.
Last edited by Mankong; 12-09-2019 at 10:22 PM..
Old 12-10-2019, 01:20 AM
Kobold

Langseax of the Wolves

Double-bladed Bone Axe

Shiny Brass Halberd
Old 12-10-2019, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

casual kinda solo warrior is me as well, and i use Langseax of the Wolves and it is probably my best weapon for a looong time. this is better aggro generation and dps than any DW combination i could afford at the moment hehe.

enjoy your stupid solo warrior! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-10-2019, 08:39 AM
Fire Giant

no problems. bone bladed's a good choice, until you can get an obsidian flamberge which is a solid aggro/tanking weapon for a looooooong time.

Save your pennies for an exe axe or axe of the slayers for when you duo/solo for the dps.

None of the options at this stage of teal will compare to the aggro generation of obsidian shard, kersch de pavs, or yaks. I'd use whatever I got first out of obsidian shard or obsidian flamberge, for the foreseeable future.
Old 12-10-2019, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello. As a man who likes to keep it simple and doesn’t mind not being a raid tank as much, I was wondering how effective I could be going two handed weapons alone? I can keep dual wielding on hand when needed but I’m a big fan of the Velious two handers.

Also, when do I get the extra damage for two handing again?
Stick with 2H until around lv 37 or so. At that time DW will provide higher aggro generation.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Kobold

I kinda wanna do 2hs all the time minus when I’m tanking. I’d rather off tank/dps as a warrior with a 2h [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. But I will def keep dual wield up
Old 12-11-2019, 07:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda wanna do 2hs all the time minus when I’m tanking. I’d rather off tank/dps as a warrior with a 2h [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. But I will def keep dual wield up
One of the coolest warrior 2h is the Sunderfury. That thing could conceivably hold you over into Velious.
Closed Thread