Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 01-30-2022, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting to sound real desperate
How so I have been a big contributor on the thread. Read through. The damage in PvE is absolute garbage you can do a lot more damage in melee . It has been talked to death and why this effect PvP most. The only one desperate to have this hot fixed is Tune who is rightfully upset since he can’t combat it in PvP. Stop Trolling with nonsense.
Old 02-05-2022, 10:53 AM
Aviak

for whatever it is worth pretty much all of my euro crew is not playing red99 because of this stupid pvp meta, anyone defending bowquest is a bluebie that wants red99 to stay blue because it levels out the playing field between bad players and good ones if you can just spam your bow, it literally takes zero skill
Old 02-07-2022, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
for whatever it is worth pretty much all of my euro crew is not playing red99 because of this stupid pvp meta, anyone defending bowquest is a bluebie that wants red99 to stay blue because it levels out the playing field between bad players and good ones if you can just spam your bow, it literally takes zero skill
Nothing about PvP in Everquest was very balanced. For proof of this look no further than the bard doing something similar to bow exploits. Getting pop shots without the means to stop it.

No I suspect this bothers more the old school players with the upper level gear that have been playing long enough they don't want to modify their play style. Basically I don't want to get a set of AGI gear or learn other methods. And I get it, outdoors the range on these bows can be high.

Does this completely break PvP for all? Not at all because the only ones abusing this really are Barbarian, Ogre and/or Trolls - Warriors and/or Shadowknights forced to buy or get their arrows from other sources.

I would argue, you are truly good, if you aren't willing to get the right gear again for this already unbalance pvp game.

This is coming from a person who has dabbled with this as a 60 warrior ogre and decked out ranger with the earthshaking, cl-icky haste cloak from sky, Clock of Flames, Fleeting Quiver and 4th best dmg/ratio bow.

You can do the same on one of the gm enabled servers.
And in each scenario I have seen this isn't worth it in PvE vs PvP. Hot fixing this for the low population of Red just isn't worth it. And beside you saw, it is getting fixed.
So Meh..
Old 02-07-2022, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Ya Tunes upset because he doesn't want to get a set of AGI gear lol
Old 02-07-2022, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The meta isn't going to change much either way heh. Most of the loud voices in this thread are windy rangers.
Old 02-09-2022, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys it's clear this isn't working as intended, whether by the P99 Staff or original EQ devs, but honestly, isn't that what this game is all about? In fact, we should be rewarding ourselves for finding new and creative ways to play the game as it is presented to us! In fact, why even bother having any kind of bug forum - if the mechanics are in the game at this moment, it must be exactly what we deserve.
So Meh..
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 02-09-2022, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Changing a persons quote is really frowned on by these forums. Especially rewriting it.

I don't get it Imago. You are playing on an emulator of a game hosted for free.

Demanding an immediate fix that only affects a small population of players and characters who have this limited race/class who exploit this in PvP.

Have some humbleness they acknowledge it and are trying to fix it but it doesn't warrant a hot fix and drop all resources to fix NOW.

Hell want fix the code yourself and part of the solution:

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...one/attack.cpp

Code:
if (hit.skill == EQ::skills::SkillArchery ||
		(hit.skill == EQ::skills::SkillThrowing && GetClass() != BERSERKER))
		hit.damage_done /= 2;

if (hit.damage_done < 1)
		hit.damage_done = 1;

if (hit.skill == EQ::skills::SkillArchery) {
		int bonus = aabonuses.ArcheryDamageModifier + itembonuses.ArcheryDamageModifier + spellbonuses.ArcheryDamageModifier;
		hit.damage_done += hit.damage_done * bonus / 100;
		int headshot = TryHeadShot(defender, hit.skill);
		if (headshot > 0) {
			hit.damage_done = headshot;
		}
		else if (GetClass() == RANGER && GetLevel() > 50) { // no double dmg on headshot
			if ((defender->IsNPC() && !defender->IsMoving() && !defender->IsRooted()) || !RuleB(Combat, ArcheryBonusRequiresStationary)) {
				hit.damage_done *= 2;
				MessageString(Chat::MeleeCrit, BOW_DOUBLE_DAMAGE);
			}
		}
	}
Last edited by Botten; 02-09-2022 at 11:42 AM..
Old 02-10-2022, 12:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get it Imago. You are playing on an emulator of a game hosted for free.

Demanding an immediate fix that only affects a small population of players and characters who have this limited race/class who exploit this in PvP.
I am not demanding anything from the Devs. I appreciate what they do, and any interaction with them has always started and ended with "thank you for being you and doing god's work." I will continue to do so, since I understand that what they do is a thankless job.

What I am demanding is that you recognize how stupid you sound when you try to defend this bug and its place in the game. There are plenty of people saying "this is stupid, clearly not working as intended by the P99 devs nor original intent, and should be fixed" and you pipe up and try to make arguments as to why it shouldn't be fixed.

What I want is for you to admit that this does not belong in the game that we play together and leave this thread alone. All you have done is shit it up with your opinions on why this shouldn't be addressed.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 02-10-2022, 01:34 AM
Kobold

The GMs here are ass I don't recall ever thanking any of them. Amelinda? Sirken? Zade or w/e his name is. Any of the other elf police that showed up on red to fuck things up for a few months then dissappear. Ya no thanks.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Whats the quality of GMs got to do with the price of fish? Surely this is a dev issue if anything?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung