Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 02-10-2022, 04:41 AM
Aviak

To be honest, if I was gearing a low level warrior and doing it over again - I'd get infestation loot rights and Velious Axe of the Venemous Brood. The majority of weapons under 50k don't proc until level 50, and none of which will match the aggro generation of Infestation... Dual wielding good poison proc weapons at level 13, you'll be in a great position...

You could always go the truncheon, 2x bloodpoints, yadda yadda but you shouldn't be soloing much as a warrior. It can be fun don't get me wrong, but that shit doesnt start proccing till level 50, and you won't be soloing much then anyways...

I'd spend 10k for infestation loot rights, or if you are in a guild simply get the timer and camp it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]! Buy Silver Chitin Hand Wraps for 2k.
Last edited by HanzzYolo; 02-10-2022 at 04:54 AM..
Old 02-10-2022, 06:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzzYolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest, if I was gearing a low level warrior and doing it over again - I'd get infestation loot rights and Velious Axe of the Venemous Brood. The majority of weapons under 50k don't proc until level 50, and none of which will match the aggro generation of Infestation... Dual wielding good poison proc weapons at level 13, you'll be in a great position...

You could always go the truncheon, 2x bloodpoints, yadda yadda but you shouldn't be soloing much as a warrior. It can be fun don't get me wrong, but that shit doesnt start proccing till level 50, and you won't be soloing much then anyways...

I'd spend 10k for infestation loot rights, or if you are in a guild simply get the timer and camp it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]! Buy Silver Chitin Hand Wraps for 2k.
If you're soloing with a truncheon and two bloodpoints, you're an idiot. It's for duo with a cle or sham.
Old 02-10-2022, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

If we're talking about Blue, there's about a 50:1 ratio between melee twinks & leveling clerics/shamans. There aren't just tons walking around ready to duo on demand when you're trying to get some quick xp for 1-2 hours.

Truncheon is a gamechanger solo 50+. With that and a fungi I don't even really use bloodpoints in favor of a superior 2h ratio.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:34 PM
Aviak

Duo /w cleric 50+ is going to be slow imo.. Thats a long grind to 60. And shaman already casts slow, its redundant or mildly helpful there.

Unpopular opinion: its for niche situations… but not necessary. Its a cool weapon, i get it.. I have one.

Haven’t tried it with a fungi, i could see a sick dps weapon working well enough for solo, as Crede said. With a good bindwound and embalmers skinning knife (procs bandage stacks) downtime would be short.
Last edited by HanzzYolo; 02-10-2022 at 03:46 PM..
Old 02-15-2022, 01:34 PM
Fire Giant

blood point is a waste of time - life proc looks good on paper but the weap ratio sucks so bad, even with the VP 1h lifetap which has far better ratio and proc power, let alone blood point

trying to buy your way to a nice tanking weapon is not happening, at most you get a not so bad 2h for dps for solo/duo
Old 02-15-2022, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Truncheon makes duo with a cleric really good, especially when there are no shaman available.

Was clearing nearly every damn spider up in velk Frenzy area with just a cleric and no outside buffs on my 58 war. Truncheon, fungi, and vyemm rune 4 whip 4tw. Cleric had plenty of mana to keep mobs rooted and CH me 4.5k+ hp every while and a while.

Possible to duo w/ druids and necros too...but no CH kinda hurts there. Again, never going to be as good as a shaman. I'm not gay but $20 is $20.
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-15-2022 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-15-2022, 04:43 PM
Sarnak

Journeymans Walking Stick (500) - 1HB Tash Proc with Bad Ratio
Silken Whip of Ensnaring (500) - 1HS Snare Proc with Decent Ratio
Truncheon of Doom (20000) - 2HB - 50% Slow Proc with Decent Ratio
Bloodpoint x2 (3500x2) - 1HP Lifetap Proc with Decent Ratio
Frostbringer (3000) - 1HS Threat Weapon (AC Debuff+DD Proc) with Decent Ratio
WESS (2000) - 1HS Threat Weapon (Blind+Disease Counter) with Decent Ratio
Staff of Battle (1000) - 2HB Good DPS Weapon Low Threat

The above is a list of droppable weapons which can be purchased well within your budget. Yes, if you can get an infestation instead of a WESS, do so, as it is definitely preferred, but I feel like its worthwhile to make a list that only includes stuff that can be easily purchased.

Generally speaking there is a few different scenarios you will be using your weapons in.

When playing as the main tank in a raid or full group setting, you mainly going to use your threat weapons. Frostbringer and WESS are relatively cheap, widely available, and effective threat weapons. The blind proc on the WESS can be a little annoying if you are in a grouping scenario and the mob ends up running away, but its circumstantial.

When playing in a duo/trio setting, you want to use your utility weapons to fill in cracks in your group composition. If you are lacking slows, whip out your Truncheon of Doom. If the slow is being resisted, pull out your Journeyman Walking Stick and land a tash first. If you don't have any CC make sure to use your Silken Whip of Ensnaring in the offhand so the mob wont run at low health.

When playing solo, you may need to use many tools at your disposal. The bread and butter is going to be your Truncheon of Doom for a slow, followed by your Blood Points for lifetaps. Keep in mind, once you can use evasive, you should use this on cooldown to minimize the damage incoming; while this reduces your damage by an equal amount, it has no effect on your proc rate. Therefore you can keep procing slows and lifetaps while reducing your oncoming damage. People who are saying to skip the Bloodpoints, obviously haven't tried soloing too much as a warrior 50+... these are SUPER useful. Don't forget to hit the mob with your Silken Whip of Ensnaring before its too low health, so you don't end up getting a bunch of adds. With bind wounds, 50% slow, 7-15 minute cooldown on evasive (depending on your level), decently twinked warriors can do work against the right type of blue cons.

In a raid setting where you aren't the main tank, whip out your Staff of Battle. It has a pretty solid 2H ratio, its cheap, and its low threat so you won't pull threat from a tank who is having trouble procing.

Most of the above weapons aren't best in slot by any stretch of the imagination, but are plenty effective in 99% of situations.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:48 AM
Fire Giant

https://wiki.project1999.com/Trochilic%27s_Skean
Old 02-22-2022, 02:52 AM
Aviak

50k ur on ur way to fungi.. just get that and rusty sword... u will win

Banded 2x yak fungi.. you are good to 50
Last edited by Steven01; 02-22-2022 at 02:55 AM..
Old 02-23-2022, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

VP key, buy loot rights to a Feverblade