Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 04-25-2022, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Default Would I be stupid to want to roll a second pally?

I have a 51 Dwarf Paladin, halfway to Epic (need to get a book of Scale, kill Miragul, and do turnin for Fiery Avenger), but I love the class so much, and after learning of another weapon, I'm tempted to make a second one alongside it.

As opposed to my melee Dwarf Pally with Brell, this one would be a Tunare-worshipping High Elf, and would play on high Wisdom as opposed to raw Strength/Stamina, and it would use Nature's Defender once acquired. Tanking would still be the dominant role, but this Paladin would give up raw battle prowess to focus more on the magic side, and hopefully make a decent pinch healer with the higher mana pool.

Am I stupid to even consider this?
Old 04-25-2022, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

How are you stupid for doing what you like? The entire point of the game is to have a good time. I have three paladins on my account, and two shadow knights.

Danth
Old 04-25-2022, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How are you stupid for doing what you like? The entire point of the game is to have a good time. I have three paladins on my account, and two shadow knights.

Danth
Not all the same race I hope. I would never play an ogre SK. Troll first pick, DE second.

But I was just concerned about playing a duplicate class and it coming up in a conversation later and some neckbeard being like "Why do you have two Paladins? Why do you even have ONE?"
Old 04-25-2022, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

If you enjoyed levelling one you’ll likely enjoy levelling another. Once they are similar level you can park them at different camps so you can play where you feel on the day / where is free. You can also play around with starting stats, gearing strategy, etc.

If you have them on separate accounts you can play one without worrying about running down a rez timer on another.

You can revisit old haunts you’ve outgrown.

If it is fun for you go for it.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-25-2022, 09:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you enjoyed levelling one you’ll likely enjoy levelling another. Once they are similar level you can park them at different camps so you can play where you feel on the day / where is free. You can also play around with starting stats, gearing strategy, etc.

If you have them on separate accounts you can play one without worrying about running down a rez timer on another.

You can revisit old haunts you’ve outgrown.

If it is fun for you go for it.
Take one into a dungeon like The Hole, keep the other at Paineel as a cash farmer or something.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

If you like the leveling process, go for it! There is nothing wrong with leveling the same class multiple times if you enjoy it. There are plenty of people who do.

Natures defender and a bit more wis won't significantly change your playstyle though, if that was your idea. Clickies, procs, and flowing thought are how you save mana. Being able to cast two or three more spells via 30 more WIS won't make or break you generally. I would advise just focusing on your current character if you want to play a paladin with a heavier focus on spell casting. Save up for some of the more expensive clickies, proc weapons, and Narandi Crown.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-25-2022 at 10:13 PM..
Old 04-25-2022, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you like the leveling process, go for it! There is nothing wrong with leveling the same class multiple times if you enjoy it. There are plenty of people who do.

Natures defender and a bit more wis won't significantly change your playstyle though, if that was your idea. Clickies, procs, and flowing thought are how you save mana. Being able to cast two or three more spells won't make or break you generally.
I still want to get at least Fiery Avenger on my Dwarf Pally, but one, it's hard finding someone selling a Book of Scale, and two, I don't know if I can get a group together to go kill Miragul.

He's on a 7-day timer, and for all I know he could be constantly tagged the second he goes up. And I'm not sure if his head/robe can be MQ'd.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still want to get at least Fiery Avenger on my Dwarf Pally, but one, it's hard finding someone selling a Book of Scale, and two, I don't know if I can get a group together to go kill Miragul.

He's on a 7-day timer, and for all I know he could be constantly tagged the second he goes up. And I'm not sure if his head/robe can be MQ'd.
I am not too familiar with the Paladin Epic, but I believe it is one of the easier Epics to complete. If you are in a guild it shouldn't be too tough to get a group together for Miragul. If you hang around Vox/Nagafen when they are killed you could ask the guild who kills them to sell you the book. Most guilds only care about SoulFire, which don't need the books.

If your concern is you want an easier epic, then a Tunare Paladin isn't a bad option. I am just saying Nature's Defender + 30 WIS or so will not change your playstyle. You won't really be able to cast more spells. If you want to do that, you need to invest in your Paladin to get Proc Weapons, Clickies, and Flowing Thought I and II. Those will give you a lot more mana to play with.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not too familiar with the Paladin Epic, but I believe it is one of the easier Epics to complete. If you are in a guild it shouldn't be too tough to get a group together for Miragul. If you hang around Vox/Nagafen when they are killed you could ask the guild who kills them to sell you the book. Most guilds only care about SoulFire, which don't need the books.

If your concern is you want an easier epic, then a Tunare Paladin isn't a bad option. I am just saying Nature's Defender + 30 WIS or so will not change your playstyle. You won't really be able to cast more spells. If you want to do that, you need to invest in your Paladin to get Proc Weapons, Clickies, and Flowing Thought I and II. Those will give you a lot more mana to play with.
I'd be content to complete Fiery Avenger, and I'm not far away from it, to be frank. I have both SoulFire and Ghoulbane, and maxed Deepwater Knights faction. What I need is a Book of Scale to do Miragul, and then make the turn-in on PoS.
Old 04-25-2022, 10:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be content to complete Fiery Avenger, and I'm not far away from it, to be frank. I have both SoulFire and Ghoulbane, and maxed Deepwater Knights faction. What I need is a Book of Scale to do Miragul, and then make the turn-in on PoS.
I think you should be able to swing that without too much effort. Probably less effort than re-leveling 1-50. Start reaching out to some guilds, see if they are interested in selling you the books, and maybe even a kill team. Guilds like money.