Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2019, 06:13 AM
Orc

Default Fun solo/group class for a new toon

I recently finished up a few courses and I now have more time to get back into P99. I'm pretty excited and would like to roll a new toon to start fresh, but I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on a class to play.

Back in the day I played a ranger, druid and rogue on Innoruuk. I love the concept of a ranger but from what I've been reading, they are a pretty under powered class in P99 so I might avoid it. I also don't think a rogue suits me very well anymore as I want to have the ability to at least passively solo.

I'm not sure I'll ever get into the raiding scene but I'd like to be able to get groups as well as solo if possible.

I've been looking closest at Paladin, Cleric, Druid, Shaman, Wizard, and Ranger (if an experienced ranger can tell me it's worthwhile) but I'm open to pretty much anything.

Anybody have any suggestions on where to start with class selections? The guides I've come across seem to be outdated so I'm not sure if I should trust them.