Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: When was your first experience with Everquest?
Pre-Kunark (March 1999-April 2000) 4,623 51.27%
Kunark (April 2000-December 2000) 2,280 25.29%
Velious (December 2000-December 2001) 908 10.07%
Luclin or later (December 2001-Present) 683 7.57%
Never played Everquest on live. Project 1999 is your first experience. 523 5.80%
Voters: 9017. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Sarnak

Too many liars voted
G Razamanaz [Mage]
R Aprisle Howlingwind [Druid]
Old 10-26-2013, 07:11 AM
Banned

I started in Classic not long after launch, As fun as it was I really had no idea what I was doing partially because it was a new type of game I had never encountered and that I was so young. I fucked around alot on various characters for a few weeks changing between commons and qeynos hills/blackburrow til I was familiar enough then I decided upon a monk who I hit 50 just as kunark was released.

Anyone who truly played classic remembers getting a cloth map of Norrath with their copy of Kunark(What was it, 5 CDs iirc?), And laying eyes on the Fironia Vie character for the first time. Half of kunark I spent in mid level guilds doing nothing, Eventually when I was around 55+ I got into one of the top guilds then got my epic, started raiding kunark content and before I knew it velious was out, I was soloing in velks with my fungi after bats in solb were bad exp. Did lots of Yelinak kills(holy fucking mage chain of mod rods, wish I still had SS's of the 50+ mod rods on floors for ppl to eat) Dain, ToV, NToV, Never really got to experience PoM fully. Never had any guised or firepot characters since I never even knew about firepot bound nerf until like late kunark. Guised players were just as rare barely seen. Got to pull and learn some of trickiest raid bosses and other pull splits like idol/statue/avatar of war with the dude who basically invented the guide to monk FD pulling on all of EQ, Laotzu from Tribunal. Anyone who played a monk should know this guy, His guide on pulling was basically stickied on Monkly-Business with all the tips and tricks and how to.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Kobold

Default re

Opening day of Prexus server. Originally started as Borm Bloodstorm the Barbarian Shaman, then deleted him at level 24 and made my Erudite Necro Borm Bloodstorm that I played to level 57 and quit during Velious
Old 10-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Opening day of Prexus server. Originally started as Borm Bloodstorm the Barbarian Shaman, then deleted him at level 24 and made my Erudite Necro Borm Bloodstorm that I played to level 57 and quit during Velious
Hey i played on prexus too [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 11-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
August 1999 My first 5 minutes went like this: Created a Wood Elf, took a few steps forward and , "LOADING, PLEASE WAIT." The gamma was turned down on my video card settings, so I didn't realize that I was standing like 5 steps from the edge of a platform. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best post ever ^

Started sometime in the fall of 1999 while at my first duty station in the AF..Keesler AFB. A co-worker showed it me the game- I was hooked until they changed the trolls and introduced the frogloks taking over Grobb. I got overly into the lore at the time and was really pissed off that happened. I quit a few months or so afterwards. I don't rememeber the exact dates.
-Mortiis was my troll shammy toon on the Tallen Zek pvp server back then. Rolled Ihsahnn Troll SK, Sammoth Troll war

Played a few MMO's following all of that- None compared to EQ. They still don't.
I first saw WoW in England and thought it looked like a cartoon.

Despite all the forum ass to mouth bickering back and forth- it's just great to play like the old days. A big thank you goes out to those who put this all together and those that have helped out along the way with both creation and in game.
Last edited by Mortiis; 11-06-2013 at 05:35 PM..
Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 PM
Large Rat

Started on Prexus. My first character was a HE Paladin, cause they can heal AND melee! How overpowered is that!? Struggled for the longest time, tried out an iksar monk when Kunark came out and never looked back. Ended up quitting when DAOC came out but nothing really compares to EQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Nastalga

early kunark, getting trained in karnors castle lol best of times...
Old 12-06-2013, 11:45 PM
Large Rat

I am part of the first day original everquest. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I started the first week of Velious. I used to play Quake 2, and many of my friends there left for Everquest during the Kunark era or earlier. I resisted a bit longer.

My first character was a Dark Elf necromancer. My friend told me this was the most overpowered class! After getting lost in Neriak, I deleted him and created another. I repeated this process a few times. Eventually I drew a map of Neriak by hand and escaped to Nektulos. When I got to level 7, I decided to explore Freeport. I was killed immediately upon zoning into NFP. I never recovered that corpse. After I reached level 14 or so, I gave up on the necromancer and rerolled as a cleric on a different server.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Banned

I remember how much of a bitch zone everfrost was, so many newbs and such shitty mobs

EDIT: all in all terrible starting zone
Closed Thread