Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Default Holgresh Elder Beads

Per request for Nilb:

Trav said he killed 40 elders and got 0 elder beads in 12 - 15 hours. Killed 3 grand viziers to get a set of grand vizier beads from him.

earliest reference I can find on a quick search of alla's for the elder beads is May 4, 2001. post at the very bottom of the page.

Earliest reference i can find on the grand vizier beads is Jan 19 2001. 1/3 up from the bottom of the page:

Quote:
Oh Great

QuoteReply
#Jan 19 2001 at 10:42 AMRating: Default

I would take just as long to dig this out of your inventory as it would to dig the spell out of your spellbook

Give it to the tanks Verant! - not that they'd use it
Found a reference on monkly business that hints to the drop rate:

Quote:
Holgresh Elders are nasty little flying monkies in Wakening Lands, that are casters, have DS's and have friends ! A small group in their low 50’s will do well with these and it's possible to solo them in the later 50's if your careful (take Pumice!!). The beads are the rare drop off the Holgresh Elders. It takes most people 5-6 hours of killing elders to get a drop. People do sell them, but very rarely, and for around 1.5 - 2K from what I have seen. Some may be able to get them cheaper if the seller does not know the true potential worth of them to a monk !!.
more info from later in that post:

Quote:
Necro’s can “life suck” them, ie. Use them for HP’s. But, who cares about necro's ?

Newbie tricks. VERY usefull to “play” with newbies. Beware though. If you are near guards, and a newbie attacks your Eye then the guards will take an immediate dislike to said person and stomp them. Your OK though.
Last edited by Nuggie; 03-06-2014 at 04:12 PM..
Old 03-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Project Manager

K thanks.

Vizier beads will drop from Vizier, indefinitely.

Elder beads will drop from other holgresh until ~05/01, at which time they are replaced by Vizier beads.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Per request for Nilb:

Trav said he killed 40 elders and got 0 elder beads in 12 - 15 hours. Killed 3 grand viziers to get a set of grand vizier beads from him.

earliest reference I can find on a quick search of alla's for the elder beads is May 4, 2001. post at the very bottom of the page.

Earliest reference i can find on the grand vizier beads is Jan 19 2001. 1/3 up from the bottom of the page:
I got beads off my 2nd Elder 2-3 days ago? Then I overwrote my beta copy like a bad and never saw another in 10ish hour of camping.

[Tue Mar 04 16:30:47 2014] --You have looted a Holgresh Elder Beads.--

My log counts 139 regular holgresh (2 grim aura beads)

13 elders (1 eye bead)
Old 03-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Project Manager

Elder beads do drop. Tested and verified. They should be rare.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

more info on how the eye should work from monkly business:

Quote:
Norpin07-22-2001, 11:20 AM
I hoped onto my mage last night to try to answer some of the unanswered questions in the guide.

Q: Can the eye be invised?

A: Casting invis on the eye did not make it invisable, and in fact made it act very buggy and hard to control movement.

Q: Can you be invised once the eye is cast?

A: Yes, and mobs appeared to /con indifferent to the eye. I didn't get the chance to try this with KOS mobs.

Q: Can you cast other spells (from items) once in Eye mode?

A: You can both cast spells and use clickable items while in Eye mode. Spell range is based on distance from your character and not the eye.

Q: Can the Eye be levitated? Can the Eye be SOW'd?

A: I didn't have those spells to test it, but I was able to cast my damage shield on it so it seems that at least some spells will stick to it.

I hope this is helpful.

Kishak

Iksar Monk of the 12th Season

Erollisi Marr server
Old 03-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone find a date referencing their removal earlier than this:

Quote:
CazicKaacee07-24-2001, 12:13 AM
When was the last time someone saw these drop? Rumored to have been removed because of the necro lifetap. Also, where did ya find the most elders? Only found two spawns in the cave, pretty rare.
i browsed through the old patch notes from 2001 and couldn't find a reference to them.

EDIT - found a post on monkly saying they didn't announce the drop nerf in the patch notes(post is about a third of the way up from the bottom):
Quote:
09-08-2001, 12:03 PM
True Openhand, I am not pissed they nerfed the drops... I am pissed they didnt announce they nerfed it. I wasted 17+ hours, that I could have used to get something else, or help friends.
Last edited by Nuggie; 03-07-2014 at 04:15 AM..
Old 03-07-2014, 12:10 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Trav said he camped them for 20 hours. I camped them for just under 2 hours. he was either really unlucky or i was very lucky.

and then i didn't notice my bags were full when i looted it. hit the thurg gate stick when they were sitting on the ground. hah. glad this is beta. wish i could have played with them a bit.
Last edited by Nuggie; 03-07-2014 at 04:11 PM..
Old 03-07-2014, 04:02 AM
Sarnak

Just to be clear, do the Elder Beads only drop off of the Holgresh Elders? or any of the holgresh aside from the named?
Old 03-07-2014, 04:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to be clear, do the Elder Beads only drop off of the Holgresh Elders? or any of the holgresh aside from the named?
I got mine from an elder. Trav got his from an elder. I can only speak for those two instances.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Got mine off an elder after 15 rounds of the cave. 8 elders total, 1 grand viser
Closed Thread