Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Large Rat

Default Raid Rules thread

After all the exciting news from yesterday, I decided to revisit the raid rules thread and I found some things in there that are a little strange:

Quote:
Q1: What is considered a "raid" on Project 1999?
A: A raid is any group of players looking to engage a raid target OR any force consisting of more than one group united in a common goal. This means that three people can be considered a raid if they intend to kill Dracoliche, or 20 people clearing fear trash. Most epic NPC's are not strictly considered "raid" mobs. The exception to this is Ragefire, which is considered a 'raid target' for the purposes of qualifying a group as a raid only. For all other intents and purposes, Ragefire is treated like an Epic NPC (IE, camp/poopsock rules do not apply). Please keep in mind that because of the need to clear to a raid target, trains enacted on players in the way of your raid are considered raid violations and action could be taken against your guild as a whole, regardless of whether the victims are part of a raid. It is in your best interest to be very careful when racing for a target, especially when it involves training away mobs..
Does this mean that 8 Awakened members cannot go into the following areas and kill mobs together in the goal of acquiring loot from those mobs? Kael arena/HoT/Siren's Grotto/Dragon Necropolis? But 1 single group would be fine?

Its pretty clear, regardless of what Awakened thinks, that going into a Planar zone is a big no-no. Unless they had 1 group maybe there could be a elite EQ P99 lawyer who saw it as an "exp" group on a golem in Fear.

The other thing I noted about this is, according to these rules, Temple of Veeshan is so screwed up on this server.

Quote:
"...because of the need to clear to a raid target, trains enacted on players in the way of your raid are considered raid violations and action could be taken against your guild as a whole, regardless of whether the victims are part of a raid."
Its funny to see rules in the Raid rules thread that are broken status quo here.

That is all , carry on
Old 06-20-2016, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

subscribed lol
Old 06-20-2016, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

Can we get one more thread about what zones are raid zones? I don't think it's clear yet.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Large Rat

Don't get me wrong, I am honestly wondering if anyone can clear that up. I don't see in the raid rules anything about "raid zones" just that a raid is defined as:

Quote:
any group of players looking to engage a raid target OR any force consisting of more than one group united in a common goal
I really did not go searching through all of the threads to find the answer, I do not have time for that I am afraid.

The other part is hopefully Rogean decides he hates what has happened to raiding in ToV due to the extreme competitiveness that that made it was it is today and the suspension hammers start flying around in TOV.

Also, make no mistake I am in no way part of any guild on P99 that took part in anything exciting that took place yesterday. My day was spent celebrating Father's day with my kids and my Dad.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:24 PM
Fire Giant

Where does that rule imply 8 awakened couldn't go to HoT or DN? I think your missing the fact that raid infractions generally involve 2 factors: a raid (group working toward common goal) and a raid mob. I can't think of an instance where a full guild has been raid suspended that didn't involve a raid mob. So the HoT and DN examples don't really make a ton of sense since they don't include mobs classified as raid mobs.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

I remember way back in 2009/early 2010 when it was decreed, for a time, that only raid guilds (and, hence, players tagged with them) were allowed in the Planes. This particularly affected Plane of Fear since Lustrous Russet was dropping at the time. Considering the old-world planar zones as a whole raid-only is not new precedent. Quite the opposite. It's such an old precedent many players here weren't around for it yet. Granted, Awakened's leadership includes some of the oldest and most established players on the server, and Inglorious Basterds was the greatest single beneficiary of that early ruling. By contrast, zones such as Sebilis or Soldungb were always regarded as group zones that happened to contain a raid target.

I neither support nor oppose the present ruling since I'm not impacted by it nor party to the full circumstances under which it was made. The above comments were for historical perspective only. On a side note, I think most sane folks can agree that Temple Veeshan's a trainwreck.

Danth
Old 06-20-2016, 01:28 PM
Large Rat

Simply this:

The #1 rule from the raid rules thread says This OR that:

Quote:
A raid is any group of players looking to engage a raid target OR any force consisting of more than one group united in a common goal.
... the OR being:

Quote:
any force consisting of more than one group united in a common goal
Nothing here is stating any particular ZONE as being off limits. Unless it is represented elsewhere in a prior case before, P99 Lawyers will have to dig those up for me to understand any better.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:34 PM
Large Rat

Nothing train wreck at all about ToV ... It was wiped clean of any and all train wrecking mobs last night.. Rumble mother tucker .. do you speak it?
Fire Giant

What's so hard about not raiding or pushing these rules for 2 weeks? Just take your punishment and move on with your life. Farm some PoM or fungis or something
Kobold

Better solution:

All characters holding the guilty parties guild tag will be forcibly removed from blue 99 and exiled to red 99.
Closed Thread