Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 07:37 AM
Sarnak

Soloing for exp on a chanter is just never efficient, I would be really curious how breaking charm and nuke for full exp compare to just haste/torch a pet and just concede half the exp. Pretty sure it would be close at least in the areas where you can't mana tap constantly.

Just duo with literally any class and it will make your life so much easier and the exp will be better, plus it's fun to figure out how to make the best of weird duos.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soloing for exp on a chanter is just never efficient, I would be really curious how breaking charm and nuke for full exp compare to just haste/torch a pet and just concede half the exp. Pretty sure it would be close at least in the areas where you can't mana tap constantly.

Just duo with literally any class and it will make your life so much easier and the exp will be better, plus it's fun to figure out how to make the best of weird duos.
Yep.

At earlier levels, I would think duoing with a druid may outshine duoing with a shaman/cleric due to the snare on pet and mob. You wouldn't want to heal the pet anyways. Just throw two mobs at each other, invis to break charm and finish both off snared as necessary.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I just want to show a quick comparison for what "efficient" can mean. My baby Enchanter is currently killing dwarves in Kaladim. Here's how it breaks down compared to a Necro using Splurt (which is silly mana efficient for its level) against the same mobs:

Enchanter:
Charm-195 mana
Tash- 30 mana
Root x2-60 mana
Discordant Mind x2-480 mana
Two dead mobs for ~765 mana/383 mana each

Necro:
Splurt x2-480 mana
Enstill x2- 120mana
One dead mob for 600 mana, plus minor pet damage to finish it off

Charming is obscenely mana efficient. Will you have charm breaks? Sure, but its comparable to other classes dealing with full resists (and pour one out for classes who worry about partial resists).

Quote:
I 100% agree, duo'ing is much more fun and easier. But Enchanter soloing is silly efficient unless you can kill without using mana.
Last edited by Crawdad; 05-15-2019 at 01:35 PM..
Old 05-15-2019, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

You forgot to factor in charm breaks, fizzles, resists (hello enc nukes) and runes. Also downtime sitting regening HP because you lose some every once in a while.

I don't know how much more efficient is ENC charm soloing than necro root/rotting. Necros have a bunch of pretty good spells, and many of them rarely resist if at all.

But yeah, bottom line is, duo with literally anyone for fun and profit.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You forgot to factor in charm breaks, fizzles, resists (hello enc nukes) and runes. Also downtime sitting regening HP because you lose some every once in a while.
Yes, my example is a best case scenario for both. I didn't include charm breaks or fizzles for the ench, and I didn't include lifetapping or roots breaking for the necro. My point is comparing the efficiency of Ench charming versus another efficient solo'ing class. ~400mana for one kill on the Ench versus ~600 mana for one kill on a Necro is a pretty big discrepancy.

Turn it into a short play session: 6000 mana to kill 10 mobs as a Necro, 4000 mana to kill 10 mobs as an Enchanter. I don't know how often you might need to re-Rune/nuke/reset, but I have a hard time believing its 2000 mana's worth.
Last edited by Crawdad; 05-15-2019 at 02:13 PM..
Old 05-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't know how much more efficient is ENC charm soloing than necro root/rotting. Necros have a bunch of pretty good spells, and many of them rarely resist if at all.

But yeah, bottom line is, duo with literally anyone for fun and profit.
You also won't always be getting the mobs down to the right amount of health to one shot them with your nuke.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want to show a quick comparison for what "efficient" can mean. My baby Enchanter is currently killing dwarves in Kaladim. Here's how it breaks down compared to a Necro using Splurt (which is silly mana efficient for its level)
I am sorry but root/rot with dots is not crazy efficient, even if you're a necro using splurt, it's actually the slowest way to level a necro. Fear kiting would be a more fair comparaison where you get a lot of free damage from the pet, all the strong solo classes have a form of free damage.

Also you take the perfect scenario, where mobs are 46 or lower so you use the lvl 39 charm, you only need 1 nuke to finish each mob but in reality sometime it takes 2, that or you play risky and sometime pet will die geting you no exp. Also charm will sometime break so you have to cast expensive buffs on yourself constantly to absorb damage and that slows you down as well.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I am sorry but root/rot with dots is not crazy efficient, even if you're a necro using splurt, it's actually the slowest way to level a necro. Fear kiting would be a more fair comparaison where you get a lot of free damage from the pet, all the strong solo classes have a form of free damage.

Also you take the perfect scenario, where mobs are 46 or lower so you use the lvl 39 charm, you only need 1 nuke to finish each mob but in reality sometime it takes 2, that or you play risky and sometime pet will die geting you no exp. Also charm will sometime break so you have to cast expensive buffs on yourself constantly to absorb damage and that slows you down as well.
The person I quoted and theorycrafted for earlier didn't say what they meant by "efficient" so I assumed mana. Root rotting isn't time efficient, but it is mana efficient. Fear kiting is quicker, but fear+snare+multiple dots cost more. You get free damage from your pet, but you still need to out damage it for full Exp.

You might need more than one nuke/rebuff/recharm, but again I don't see it costing more than the numbers I posted earlier. I'd really dig it if someone who disagrees with me posted some kind theorycrafting/logs instead of just saying "Well what about resists/fizzles/charm breaks?" since these are all variables nobody can control. Resists/breaks happen, but I don't believe nearly as often as people are suggesting.
Last edited by Crawdad; 05-16-2019 at 10:38 AM..
Old 05-16-2019, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You might need more than one nuke/rebuff/recharm, but again I don't see it costing more than the numbers I posted earlier. I'd really dig it if someone who disagrees with me posted some kind theorycrafting/logs instead of just saying "Well what about resists/fizzles/charm breaks?" since these are all variables nobody can control.
No one can control them but they are much more frequent and costly in both mana and health than root rotting with necro DoTs.. You are also not going to be getting away with using root as an enc soloing at higher levels. Mobs just have too much life.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

This is completely false.

Solo is the most efficient exp possible for an Enchanter.

I've been in many monster groups that just mow stuff down. A couple rogues and a great tank with constant pulls.

And it's crap exp compared to charming.

If you think Enchanter is weak and/or inefficient solo then you probably need to work at it a bit more.
Last edited by GnomeCaptain; 05-18-2019 at 03:22 PM..
Closed Thread