Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 10:35 AM
Orc

Where is a good place in warrens to setup camp? I would like to try it about to ding 20 and will probably head over that way.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:12 AM
Kobold

At 20 I think I setup in back left corner of the throne room, was only 1 roamer that came out of the door. Can then take door mobs and throne room area to your hearts content. After that head back to the bat area and pull the named bat guy and the big bear, then its time for the mugglwump.
Old 05-31-2019, 11:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

At 20 I think I stayed on prince side. Prince is 18 and highest on that side. You can kill the named on prince side and the occasional protector may still be blue.

So I go in first door on prince side and follow circular path through jail killing
Trainer
Training Kobolds
Kobold Pit Fighters
Jailer
Occasional shaman

Than I kill food master and smithy

Head down to prince kill him and any
Large Kobolds
Elite Kobolds
Shaman’s
Huge Kobolds
Kobold Elders

Do that until 24-25 and then head to king side
Old 05-31-2019, 11:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I will add that prince drops a quest item for a four charge clicks snare item.
King drops a 10 charge scepter of forlorn, process clinging darkness, click from inventory
Old 06-29-2019, 01:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robersonroger38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lvl 28-38 High keep Goblins!! Fast exp
This is for soloing? Was this on red? Goblins are 24/7 camped.by a group in my experience.
Old 06-29-2019, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not a Paladin player, but if someone else (who is) wanted to compile this thread into a single cohesive wiki page, it would make a great addition to: http://wiki.project1999.com/Player_Guides

We only have two Paladin guides right now, so more would definitely be welcome, and if no one does it all the great info in this thread will soon be lost to the forum archives.

But if someone can add it to the wiki, it can help new Paladins for years to come [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-29-2019, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But if someone can add it to the wiki, it can help new Paladins for years to come [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have a rough draft txt saved somewhere, about half completed. Will see about finishing it over the holiday maybe.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Jailer is on a quick spawn, but becomes xp green about 21. I've been doing it on my SK for a few levels. I was fighting in the cell with the erud and kerran prisoners (not the kejekan). This means the adjacent room can be used to prevent runners.

At 21 I migrated to LOIO to do courier spawn points. Take your desired 22 spells with you, or bank them in fv.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This persists due to lingering obsolete perceptions. When it's pre-expansion and everyone's level 30, the Paladin has a Ghoulbane and the other melees are using Obsidian Scimitars or similar junk--in those conditions, the Paladin's good against undead. In the modern PP99 setting where people can buy good Kunark/Velious weapons for a pittance Paladins are nothing special versus undead.

This same tendency affects other issues as well and is probably some characteristic of the human psyche. Perhaps folks have an ingrained tendency to want to maintain an opinion once formed regardless of later changes.

Danth
It's also because of what's written in their class description (see below quote)... and we all know that's a load of junk since clerics and necro's get better undead nukes ( Paladin's should tbh)

I think also like Snaggles said with castable IVU they do make our best foes to navigate on a daily basis - sometimes. If only there were more zones like Lower Guk and Unrest but one can go 15-60 in Unrest and lower guk if you want the full 'undead' experience.

I would die for a Dawn Spear on my Paladin in Guk, let it proc then root and helm heal up while that 750pt dot done-do it's thing - rinse and repeat.

Quote:
Description

Paladins are holy warriors who use blessed spells and strength of arms to fight the evil and undead of Norrath. Paladins are primarily a melee class, able to wear plate armor and wield many kinds of weapons.

Paladins are able fighters and battlefield healers whose combat spells focus on stunning enemies and smiting undead. They also have several spells that increase the health and armor of their allies. Every so often, paladins can lay hands on themselves or their friends to instantly grant a powerful heal.

Paladins are the greatest force against undead. At higher levels they gain special abilities to smite these foes. Paladins also gain a limited ability to resurrect their fallen friends with lessened penalties for death.

Paladins can sometimes work alone, healing themselves with magic, but in a group a paladin really shines, going head to head with his enemies and occasionally falling back to heal. Players who like to engage in melee fights but want the options spells provide will find paladins a great class to play.
Last edited by White_knight; 06-29-2019 at 09:00 PM..
Old 06-29-2019, 09:08 PM
Banned

This is more of a offpeak guide as you wont be getting many mobs in CoM solo during peak hours but here was my leveling path:

1-15/20 (any newbie zones)
15/20-40 Unrest
40-43/44?? Low Guk Bats n Bugs ( solo not grouped, Fin' amazing xp )
43/44 CoM Entrance/Stables - Haze Golems are you bread and butter at this level...you milk those golems for XP ( avoid Fog golems like the plague)
45-51 CoM *DEEPWATER HELM TIME* Arena huts/Temple/Stables (there's one hut with 4 spawns you can take with average gear, then pick off a few singles) (still avoid Fog golems, you can kill them but they are NOT worth it)

See this video here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S2jofkXMC0) for the hut I soloed

See this video here for Temple solo and the reason why you avoid Fog golems (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM6WVpuY4co) I also ding 51 in this video at Temple.

From 51/52 Onward I went back and have done a bit of KC (not much, it's rough) (see video here of my dinging 53 in KC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVIS6Uxyrm0) and mainly stuck to Guk and a bit of Grobb guards (till they greened out) for xp... I am now almost 56 in Guk and hopefully will have more video's of me soloing all the camps in Guk when I get time to make them. I only have Frenzy and Lord to slay and I've decapitated every name in Lower Guk dead side solo.

As a side note, around level 54/55 Dar Knight's became fairly easy, they range from straight kills with no helm healing/healing needed, and sometimes 1 or 2 heal up sessions. I think by 56/57 they will be straight easy kills but not sure if they will green out by then. At present I am leveling at a spot that has 4x dar knight spawns and it's suiting my casual play style atm very well as I am able to cycle those 4 mobs + 1 other when needed and kill them down fairly well with med breaks etc. between no problems.

One day I intend on making a guide with videos such as the above ones, just don't have time right now.
Last edited by White_knight; 06-29-2019 at 09:36 PM..
Closed Thread