Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

Default Considering Red

Been thinking of starting an alt, and whether or not to roll Red.

I'm leaning towards a Ranger, but would consider a tank class or possibly Wiz. I'm completely new to EQ PVP, and I wouldn't be transferring anything over from blue. I guess my question would be how much of a hassle would each of these choices be starting out, and would I regret any of them in the late game?

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been thinking of starting an alt, and whether or not to roll Red.

I'm leaning towards a Ranger, but would consider a tank class or possibly Wiz. I'm completely new to EQ PVP, and I wouldn't be transferring anything over from blue. I guess my question would be how much of a hassle would each of these choices be starting out, and would I regret any of them in the late game?

Thanks for your help!
Star with a wiz so you can make some money and solo without gear. Or play chanter so you can always get groups and solo well. If you've never pvped then you need to play on red because its way more fun (for most people).
Last edited by Saludeen; 06-14-2015 at 01:47 PM..
Old 06-14-2015, 03:12 PM
Banned

Location: ✿Kohai in the Streets, Senpai in the Sheets❤( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Send a message via ICQ to Xaanka Send a message via AIM to Xaanka Send a message via Yahoo to Xaanka

Wizards (along with druids) are the go-to first class for red server. Both classes can get by just fine with zero gear, and both classes are strong farmers. Keep in mind a wizard pretty much requires buying or questing Journeyman Boots while Druid can do fine naked, but that's the only expensive must-have item and wizard can self-farm it. You're always better off making a character that can farm before you roll a melee if you're new on the server. Ranger's one of the cheapest melees to gear on this server though, so it wouldn't be too horrible of a first character.

With the exp bonus, most new wizards I see hit 50 within a week if they're active players, so what's to lose? You'll have a lot more fun on the ranger when you can afford a decent weapon to smack things with.
Old 06-14-2015, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Wiz for no gear. SK if tank. I like wiz first because they're less gear reliant.

Glad you are considering red. 8)
Old 06-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

step one: grow thick skin

step two: join a guild

step three: ??????

step four: PROFIT!!!
Old 06-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Aviak

roll whatever class you enjoy playing but it definitely would be easier with a porter/farm class first. Either way..welcome to red!
Old 06-14-2015, 10:52 PM
Orc

I rolled a cleric for my first. Am I doing it wrong?
Last edited by StrangeTech; 06-14-2015 at 10:59 PM..
Old 06-14-2015, 11:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the exp bonus, most new wizards I see hit 50 within a week if they're active players, so what's to lose? You'll have a lot more fun on the ranger when you can afford a decent weapon to smack things with.
Damn, a week?? How much do those people play? I may just have to make a wiz/druid for giggles if it only takes a week.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Planar Protector

u roll a ranger u will be overlooked by every other class in groups. and u'll be useless in pvp because the only thing that makes rangers good is windstriker
Old 06-15-2015, 02:45 AM
Planar Protector

You ever played EverQuest... on Red?? Oh, there's some crazy shit, man. There's a dude in the bushes. Has he got a gun? I dunno man! I dunno! RED TEAM GO! RED TEAM GO!