Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-19-2023, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Unhappy Gross graphics bug

Picked the wrong face for my enchanter without knowing it! So sad she looks like this in high elf illusion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This issue was at one time resolved in this thread but it seems the files have been lost to time?

Anyone have the files still, and do they even still work?
Old 03-20-2023, 02:16 AM
Skeleton

patch texture here
https://wiki.project1999.com/EQ_Classic_HD

highres_s3d first and then EQClassicHDP99, and yeah overwrite yes.
Old 03-20-2023, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguep1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
patch texture here
https://wiki.project1999.com/EQ_Classic_HD

highres_s3d first and then EQClassicHDP99, and yeah overwrite yes.
Wow; this worked and character models are so pretty now! Thank you so much <3
Old 03-20-2023, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Be aware that it will slow your load time down slightly ... but personally I haven't really noticed the difference, and even if it is a second or two extra, it's totally worth it to make the game look so much better.

I know several people all worked really hard to create that fantastic project: amazing work all!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be aware that it will slow your load time down slightly ... but personally I haven't really noticed the difference, and even if it is a second or two extra, it's totally worth it to make the game look so much better.

I know several people all worked really hard to create that fantastic project: amazing work all!

How slight? That does sound bad for pvp. I've noticed that I zone slightly faster than most people and it does come in handy. Maybe everyone but me is already running the pretty models and now we zone same speed?

And yes people have worked very hard and it is much appreciated!
Old 03-20-2023, 09:05 PM
Skeleton

you can compare the image before and after on Charred Guardian Shield and Cracked Darkwood Shield, you can tell the difference.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How slight?
It would likely vary depending on your PC (eg. how much RAM you have and how fast it is, whether you have an SSD hard drive, etc.)

If you're really concerned, you'd have to test it by getting out a stopwatch and zoning ten times with a stock install, then zoning ten times (in the same zones) with an enhanced install.

(But again, whatever difference there is seems small enough that I can't notice it personally, so you might need to be quick on the stopwatch to observe it ... again, depending on your hardware.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.