Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2021, 10:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
takp is objectively more classic in every way. the server basically replicates alkabor 1:1, with no "we changed this to make it classic ~in spirit~" alterations. the client is the same as eqmac, thorough showeq data exports from alkabor were used to create it, and it has some of the best eqemu devs working on it

at one point p99 was definitely as "classic" as takp but they've diverged in their philosophy too much to be considered equivalent now
When would you say they diverged? And how bad is the divergence in modern p99? I've been playing a character on Green and thought that it was supposed to be as accurate as possible. I've never played EQ before though, so I don't know the difference.
Old 12-28-2021, 10:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When would you say they diverged? And how bad is the divergence in modern p99? I've been playing a character on Green and thought that it was supposed to be as accurate as possible. I've never played EQ before though, so I don't know the difference.
at this point the divergence is at its worst. folks are rather divided on it, but my personal feelings are that these changes make p99 worse. the biggest points of divergence were the rooting of ntov dragons (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=321978) and clicky nerfs (https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=356056)

the devs made these changes with the philosophy of "classic in spirit," but i prefer an objectively classic server rather than something that "feels classic" since at this point, for me, p99 no longer "feels classic"
Old 12-28-2021, 10:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never played EQ before though, so I don't know the difference.
In classic, enchanter charm broke constantly, to the point where no one wanted to play enchanters. It was basically a dead class

On P99, charm never breaks and enchanters are gods, almost never die and can solo basically any target in the game

It’s ok if you don’t remember classic. That’s not required, all you need to say is “nerf enchanters on P99” and you will sound like you do
Old 12-28-2021, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
takp is objectively more classic in every way. the server basically replicates alkabor 1:1, with no "we changed this to make it classic ~in spirit~" alterations.
OOR exp? Mental corruption? QUARM?
Old 12-28-2021, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, enchanter charm broke constantly, to the point where no one wanted to play enchanters. It was basically a dead class

On P99, charm never breaks and enchanters are gods, almost never die and can solo basically any target in the game

It’s ok if you don’t remember classic. That’s not required, all you need to say is “nerf enchanters on P99” and you will sound like you do
MR values (or mechanics or whatever) are way too low on almost every emu.

Ironically SoD gets this the most correct, despite being the oldest emu. I'm not sure what irony is.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MR values (or mechanics or whatever) are way too low on almost every emu.

Ironically SoD gets this the most correct, despite being the oldest emu. I'm not sure what irony is.
I wouldn’t want to go about it in a way that could affect any other class though. Just enchanters. Fuck those guys
Old 12-28-2021, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

enchanters on live, by-and-large, geared for int > hp > ac/resists instead of cha > *

i played enchanters at endgame on 2 different servers during p99s era, both were geared for cha, and i remember charm performing largely the same as it does on p99.

just like the clicky nerfs, it's something that feels different to different people depending on their live experiences. if you were playing at the top end, you had a completely different understanding of the game than someone who wasn't.

most enchanters on live did not carry negative MR gear for pets. most enchanters on live did not know that you could chain color stuns if cast in the correct order. most enchanters on live didn't know about GCD resets, and very few (if any) carried haste items for their pets.

the one non-classic aspect of enchanters on p99 that i'll readily acknowledge is memblurs from mez - they occur at a MUCH higher rate on p99 than they ever did on live. memblurs from mez on live were very uncommon, and you generally had to use an actual memblur.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:43 PM
Fire Giant

vulak ring and ancient spells
Old 12-28-2021, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
enchanters on live, by-and-large, geared for int > hp > ac/resists instead of cha > *

i played enchanters at endgame on 2 different servers during p99s era, both were geared for cha, and i remember charm performing largely the same as it does on p99.

just like the clicky nerfs, it's something that feels different to different people depending on their live experiences. if you were playing at the top end, you had a completely different understanding of the game than someone who wasn't.

most enchanters on live did not carry negative MR gear for pets. most enchanters on live did not know that you could chain color stuns if cast in the correct order. most enchanters on live didn't know about GCD resets, and very few (if any) carried haste items for their pets.

the one non-classic aspect of enchanters on p99 that i'll readily acknowledge is memblurs from mez - they occur at a MUCH higher rate on p99 than they ever did on live. memblurs from mez on live were very uncommon, and you generally had to use an actual memblur.
This is what I’m talking about

If you never played EQ, just cut and paste this and you can claim to be an original dev and people will believe you

Basically the harder you want enchanters nerfed, the more of class you remember
Old 12-28-2021, 11:49 PM
Banned

Actually after reading that yea, I’d agree with the stuff they didn’t do back then
Closed Thread