Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-15-2022, 10:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly its gnome by a country mile.

Being able to see through walls is god tier.
This
Old 02-16-2022, 04:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You keep telling yourself that princess
wow, princess. ouch.

sick burn from team blue balls.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

If you are gonna sit on your ass and med and heal while grouped it don’t matter much, I would pick DE so you can look fashionable and hide during afks, dwarf so you can carry all your spoils without encumbrances, human to have shitty vision and ghetto clarity while leveling or gnome to sit in a wall looking at people making plays rather than doing them yourself because with gear and empty bags you need to spam yaulp just to move.

If you want to play a class beyond the normal expectations then halfling is the best choice. Sneak may not be used every day, but having that tool available gives you the ability no other cleric has. You can see thru walls with some sit stand and camera manipulation. We start off in the coolest city and our Mayor is fun to drink with.

I have a 52 DE cleric and can’t remember last time I clicked the snare neck.

My 60 cleric used sneak yesterday to pull someone’s corpse to safety.
Old 02-16-2022, 11:44 PM
Kobold

Dwarf. Best cultural armor set till velious by a lot. Can RP drunk. Best stats.
Old 02-17-2022, 07:34 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are gonna sit on your ass and med and heal while grouped it don’t matter much, I would pick DE so you can look fashionable and hide during afks, dwarf so you can carry all your spoils without encumbrances, human to have shitty vision and ghetto clarity while leveling or gnome to sit in a wall looking at people making plays rather than doing them yourself because with gear and empty bags you need to spam yaulp just to move.

If you want to play a class beyond the normal expectations then halfling is the best choice. Sneak may not be used every day, but having that tool available gives you the ability no other cleric has. You can see thru walls with some sit stand and camera manipulation. We start off in the coolest city and our Mayor is fun to drink with.

I have a 52 DE cleric and can’t remember last time I clicked the snare neck.

My 60 cleric used sneak yesterday to pull someone’s corpse to safety.
For halflings, I think you’re overlooking just how low their starting charisma is. With my 60 human cleric, and a few more +cha items, I can lull groups (or myself) deep into dungeons. With lower charisma you have a lot more critical resists.

Also, for humans, you can quest the Paineel helm (if Innoruk) and fix any night vision problems. And I actually use my snare neck routinely in crowded dungeons when we don’t want the mobs to aggro others when running away.

And what is this ghetto mama regen you speak of?
Old 02-17-2022, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For halflings, I think you’re overlooking just how low their starting charisma is.

And what is this ghetto mama regen you speak of?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Terror_Forged_Mask

Looks like it was nerfed. I remember playing my friends cleric who had one on blue and it was pretty baller.

Never had an issue with resists on pacify line while leveling. Calmed my way to efreeti camp every day. Granted this was 2010 on blue. I did carry a stein when selling or buying from vendors.

By the time I was 60 with everyday gear. Cha is a non issue.
Last edited by getsome; 02-17-2022 at 11:33 AM..
Old 02-17-2022, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

It depends what you want to do. Min Max in Velious era, high elf wins for the charisma for lulls.

Min Max in the original pre kunark era, probably human with innoruk for the couple of clickies and decent charisma for lulls

Gnome for wall vision and tinkering

Halfling for good all around, plus sneak and hide abilities

Dwarf good stats but not enough racial benefits

I can't decide if halfling trash charisma is really as bad as it seems. As a halfling, I didn't need to use lull that much, but at the same time I didn't really spend a lot of time thinking about exploiting lull to the max, and nowadays I might.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-17-2022, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

High elves only have 5 more charisma than humans... something like +20 more wisdom as well, but of course with way lower str/sta. they might be theoretically be the best min max race for raids if you wanna chase down all the +mana items at end game. the extra 100 mana you end up with ain't gonna save you from a raid wipe.
Old 02-17-2022, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

High elf is a pick if you do a charisma dump, and the 5 extra matters to you and the higher base wisdom also matters.

You could also do a min/max build on a halfling and run with 80 base charisma and gimp base wisdom knowing that the wisdom will max itself out later in life.

There is an argument that using critical lull resists to pull is an elite strategy that the halfing is ideally suited for.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 02-17-2022 at 04:01 PM..
Old 02-17-2022, 07:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
High elf is a pick if you do a charisma dump, and the 5 extra matters to you and the higher base wisdom also matters.

it's certaily not even remotely worth giving up infinite free snare and infiinite free fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is an argument that using critical lull resists to pull is an elite strategy that the halfing is ideally suited for.
it's a pretty silly argument given how fast lull is to cast and how cheap the mana cost is. you are going to get plenty of crit lulls with just your base cha regardless of race. and of course lull pulling is such an incredibly rare thing to be doing in the first place. This is virtually a meme at this point.