Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-26-2022, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Channeling is exponentially easier on P99 and should be made classic.
2. Mez shouldn't mem wipe already mezzed mobs thus ensuring an aggro dump when mez breaks.
3. Mana caps and stats should function correctly.
4. ZEM rates should be the classic proven values not the inflated unclassic rates being used.
5. Fix healing aggro which I don't think has been investigated as much as it should be.
6. Staff shouldn't be increasing mob spawn rates and introducing instances servers/merges to reduce "congestion" just so players can stack up in their preferred ZEM hot spot leveling tread mill backstabbing Enchanter pet groups to rush to max level.
7. Staff should ease off the heavy handed rule enforcement and let players resolve things themselves more like occurred in actual classic. Ninja looting, training, kill stealing, and all the rest was part of classic EQ and GMs didn't swoop in to ban a paying subscriber because they trained you.

Implement these changes and you'll see something much closer to actual classic EQ and a raid scene that doesn't need a "guild UN" and pages of rules and insanely retarded GM created competitions for "first to engage."
Most of this would only serve to slow down the leveling process and perhaps dissuade some folks from continuing to play to the endgame. Perhaps it would declutter the endgame a bit cause less people would have the patience to get there? But outside of that I fail to see how these changes would really change anything about the endgame. At least on Blue. You can slow it down all you want. Blue has been in Velious for like a decade? It'll eventually become topheavy no matter how slow you make it.

1: Has little to no effect on many raid targets. How many raid encounters involve casters having to cast through being hit?

2: Similar to #1. How many raid encounters on P99 rely on mez/blur in any capacity? Of the ones that do how many could you easily circumvent in other ways if mez/blur were nerfed?

3: I'd wager no noticeable effect. Most raids are zerged with far more people than are really necessary.

4: Slows down leveling a bit. Doesn't matter whatsoever if the server is permanently locked to 1 era and never resets.

5: This one has the highest potential to have an effect but probably won't matter too much. Aggro clickies can easily overcome this even if heal threat were increased.

6: Same as 4

7: I personally would be all about getting rid of PNP and going wild west rules. Let the players duke it out however they see fit. It'll be a shit show but at least it'd be entertaining and wouldn't require any staff time or intervention. However I wouldn't say that's "classic" by any means. "GMs didn't swoop in to ban a paying subscriber because they trained you" isn't necessarily true. Listen to some of Shawn Lord's podcasts/interviews. Particularly his discussion with Michelle Butler who was head GM for a long time in the early days. She tells stories about John Smedley calling people on the phone to reprimand them for something as silly as KSing. GM's routinely policed things even more harshly than P99 staff does in some regards. I don't think anyone wants Rogean calling them on the phone to bitch them out for rule infractions do they?
Old 02-26-2022, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Heals were 1:1 aggro on live. 5k CH = 5k aggro. Not so here.
Old 02-26-2022, 08:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most of this would only serve to slow down the leveling process and perhaps dissuade some folks from continuing to play to the endgame. Perhaps it would declutter the endgame a bit cause less people would have the patience to get there? But outside of that I fail to see how these changes would really change anything about the endgame. At least on Blue. You can slow it down all you want. Blue has been in Velious for like a decade? It'll eventually become topheavy no matter how slow you make it.
I don't really care about blue because it's a special case. I'd just like to enjoy the progression through Green being more classic. That's the whole point, there would be less people raiding until they stack up in Velious. For some people it's about the journey not the destination.

Your mentality is like saying why not just have 200% exp rates and give everyone vendor bought legacy items. Everyone just ends up max level anyway. How much do legacy items really impact raiding? We'll all be the same level in Velious eventually on Blue.

No, it's about raiding on Green during the progression.
Old 02-26-2022, 08:22 PM
Banned

Mez is very weird on P99, blurs like a crazy amount of the time. Supposedly cha factors into that but even at low cha it blurs like crazy

I stopped playing, so nerf enchanters, everyone’s so jealous it’s only a matter of time someone snaps
Old 02-27-2022, 01:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mez is very weird on P99, blurs like a crazy amount of the time. Supposedly cha factors into that but even at low cha it blurs like crazy
This is one of those things like sneak memblur that we can't even pretend nilbog doesn't know about. On EQMac one of the old major contributors to the Bugs forum (Daldaen? Ele?) did 500 mezzes on a lvl 1 and 50 mezzes on a lvl 50 and it didn't blur a single time. We even tried to find an old video or log file indicating Mez producing a Blur, and never did. As far as I know, we never found proof of Mez causing Memblur ever, not once. Yet, here I just tested on p99, and 20 mezzes on a lvl 25ish guard resulted in 7 memblurs.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:10 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one of those things like sneak memblur that we can't even pretend nilbog doesn't know about. On EQMac one of the old major contributors to the Bugs forum (Daldaen? Ele?) did 500 mezzes on a lvl 1 and 50 mezzes on a lvl 50 and it didn't blur a single time. We even tried to find an old video or log file indicating Mez producing a Blur, and never did. As far as I know, we never found proof of Mez causing Memblur ever, not once. Yet, here I just tested on p99, and 20 mezzes on a lvl 25ish guard resulted in 7 memblurs.
Fraps?

Prove it
Old 03-11-2022, 11:29 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heals were 1:1 aggro on live. 5k CH = 5k aggro. Not so here.
If that were the case warriors literally could never be healed by a CH chain.
Old 03-11-2022, 01:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If that were the case warriors literally could never be healed by a CH chain.
on live that is why proximity factors into agro mechanics. also why tanks have the ability to taunt and have pure hate agro increasers. my wizard could regularly run 130% of MT hate and not pull agro. same principle applies to hate generated from healing, one point hate for every point healed(over healing is not calculated).

the calculation of hate generated thru meelee is based on every swing on the values inherit to the weapons used and procs. it is not based on the damage done.
Old 03-11-2022, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the calculation of hate generated thru meelee is based on every swing on the values inherit to the weapons used and procs. it is not based on the damage done.
Actually did a lot of testing and this is 100% correct. Also, heals do generate threat, is 1/2 the amount of the heal IF the heal is "witnessed". Sometimes, they are not witnessed and its 0 threat. Same with rune.
Old 03-11-2022, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Played eqmac and blur did occur after mezzing mobs, certain spells had a higher chance than others.

it takes about 20 seconds to find posts from enchanters in 2000-2002 time frame describing mobs membluring after a mez.

how do u increase something if it did not exist?

March 19, 2002
** Patch Information ***
- Memory Blur, Mind Wipe, Blanket of Forgetfulness, Memory Flux,
Glamour of Kintaz and Rapture have been given a greater chance of
clearing the 'hate list'