Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2021, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've tried to add a few from the wiki, but if you have any screenshots by all means feel free to add them!
With access only to MS-paint right now, I do not have the tools necessary to create a professional-looking map suitable for the Wiki. Here is what I could throw together in a few minutes. You will note nothing paths to the "blob room" making it fairly safe. If you want to try to solo, the two pathing rats that follow the "orange" track actually have slightly distinct paths from each other along the same general route, and one takes much longer than the other to complete its circuit. Hence if you're patient you can split those two pretty easily. There are at least three "purple track" roamers, all with their own variants and delays, so once you get out of the water it is possible for you to aggro as many as six additional rats if you have bad enough luck on where the interior (purple) roamers are at. With patience you can aggro only the front two statics once the roamers leave. None of the rats typically see invisible, but traps break invis.

Unmarked, but there are several entropy serpents in the lake. They do not see invisible.

Some players will be non-KOS to the paebala to start with if they have killed enough Chetari. That would allow a player to scout and familiarize in peace.

The screenshot illustrates the graphic glitch: The wife is wearing the Headdress. On HER computer it shows as a "bear hat" normally, as if will if I log her character on my PC. Other users see nothing. I suppose the shot also illustrates what the "blob room" looks like. The "Spirt talker winces" message is the spell message for the Mortificator staff, which she switched out before I took the screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dnrats.JPG (42.7 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg dnshot01.JPG (91.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-12-2021, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

I added the images ... but feel free to update the article yourself if you notice anything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:14 PM
Aviak

How rare is the shaman hat from the Spirit Talkers would you say? I remember killing a few some years ago and never saw it.
Old 02-13-2021, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

From the limited sample size of my own experience and a few others who have posted, I guess the drop rate of the Spirt Talker Headdress is on the order of a few per cent. It's possibly similar to the drop rate of the Phase Spider Carapace from the spiders on the floor above. It seems neither particularly common nor absurdly rare. You cannot expect to get one on any given trip but if you keep plugging away at it you'll eventually get a drop. I did not count exactly how many Spirt Talkers the wife and I killed, but it was some dozens of them over the course of numerous trips.

Danth
Old 02-13-2021, 07:05 PM
Kobold

Quickly becoming a fan of yours Danth. You add a lot to all the SK posts that I've come across and to now see that you're sharing experience and strategies that you and your wife gathered is just adding to the awesome. Thanks for putting forth the effort to share and congratulations on the adventure and successful hunt to the both of you.
Closed Thread