Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2021, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Camacho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rule promotes actual PvP, not forcing other players to fight other mobs.

One douche running up and engaging a PvE mob is not PvP.
Notice there is no actual player fighting another player.

Why is it so hard to understand if you want to wipe someone elses raid, you need to do it yourself by attacking actual people? Bring some pals and.... gasp... actually fight other players instead of relying on mobs to do the work for you.

Training is a bitch move for toxic players.

If you want that, go to one of the other servers that offers that.
Sorry you are a dog shit bluebie player and can’t stop 1 person.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:01 AM
Aviak

Based on your definition all players are "dog shit bluebie player"s Uuruk. So you got a pretty high chance that El Camacho is reading your answer and asking hisself what you are talking about.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:48 AM
Planar Protector

It's called "utilizing the environment to one's advantage". Mobs are part of the environment, just like zone lines are.
Also it's more fun when mobs are involved. Adds some complexity to the picture.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:06 AM
Aviak

Well you can call it whatever, it is forbidden at this server and som people don't like it. Imo if someone doesn't like it, it's fine, but then this server is wrong for them. It is not better or worse to have no rules or training allowed, it is just a different ruleset for a game.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:58 AM
Fire Giant

When I pvp I usually limit myself to 1/3 of the game and complain when someone elses uses the other 2/3rds.

lol.
Old 02-26-2021, 11:31 AM
Sarnak

EQ player vs player means using any aspect of the game to help your team get a mob or stop another team from getting a mob. If you want to /duel for mobs you can do that on blue.

If 1 player can stop your entire team from killing a mob than he is better than your entire team and you need to learn to get better.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:09 PM
Aviak

What you are mentioning here is a different ruleset Raclen. A couple servers out there allow it, Red99 has different rules and yet it is PvP. They just try to limit the griefing. If you are smart you can always train someone intentional, and skilled players train better then others, if you enjoy playing like this I respect it, I don't like it that's why I play here. This is a game and I want fun and not getting griefed by 1 person training me over and over again for his own pleasure.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:45 PM
Sarnak

Yeah this server sucks and has a bunch of bad players making it worse. RoZ is a custom box but the custom rules really just fix problems with classic. Maintain the sandbox no rules but hardcode in rules that don't allow constant training. Banning players for doing something you can do within the game that isn't exploiting is awful for any type of video game. An environment where people argue for hours about what was training and being forced to video all gameplay to try to get others banned before they ban you is terrible design.

Even if people try to follow the rules accidents happen that are against the rules. Emotions run high and it goes back and forth until people are banned. Over the years blue players have asked for Red to slowly become blue to where you can't even enjoy it anymore.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah this server sucks and has a bunch of bad players making it worse. RoZ is a custom box but the custom rules really just fix problems with classic. Maintain the sandbox no rules but hardcode in rules that don't allow constant training. Banning players for doing something you can do within the game that isn't exploiting is awful for any type of video game. An environment where people argue for hours about what was training and being forced to video all gameplay to try to get others banned before they ban you is terrible design.

Even if people try to follow the rules accidents happen that are against the rules. Emotions run high and it goes back and forth until people are banned. Over the years blue players have asked for Red to slowly become blue to where you can't even enjoy it anymore.
Very well said

Worst part is when petiton quester berryman tries to interpret our shittty non specific server rules. He makes up his own rules and petitions everything
Old 02-26-2021, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berryman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a game and I want fun and not getting griefed by 1 person training me over and over again for his own pleasure.
You might want to consider instanced content.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Closed Thread