Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2021, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostfaction [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Support putting on events to bring the community together. God knows it needs it looking at this dumpster fire going on right now.
Yea let’s support an event ran by a member of a guild that just slapped the entire server in the face and went against GM rulings because they have to give up some pixels.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea let’s support an event ran by a member of a guild that just slapped the entire server in the face and went against GM rulings because they have to give up some pixels.
Nobody went against GM rulings.

This event will occur either way, I have nothing to personally gain from it, I'm giving away a fungi I spent quite a while farming for the intent of giving it away in a race.

If you don't want to come, or feel the need to associate it with raid politics, I'm not here to stop you.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely not, why would it be cancelled?
From Vill "As long as long as active player-made agreements are subverted and rules exist limiting our access to competitive endgame content. Seal Team will no longer be participating in or sponsoring server Open Raids. We have also withdrawn from all outstanding agreements regarding rotational content."

It was safe to assume or question if the Gnome Race was still on since the current sentiment is the opposite for communal efforts/events? Am I mistaken?
Old 02-07-2021, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zags [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody went against GM rulings.

This event will occur either way, I have nothing to personally gain from it, I'm giving away a fungi I spent quite a while farming for the intent of giving it away in a race.

If you don't want to come, or feel the need to associate it with raid politics, I'm not here to stop you.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What about this ruling?
Old 02-07-2021, 02:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What about this ruling?

Pretty sure some of those thumbs up were ST
Old 02-07-2021, 03:06 AM
Aviak

so since you all dont have to give notice and snipe an open raid that means your server event can carry on with outside interference without ramifications since you no longer are apart of the UN or adhere to rules you have put forth and agreed too since it kept you from pixels. if you think this little event is going to wipe away what your guild just did you are mistaken.
Old 02-07-2021, 03:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What about this ruling?
Guess this one counted after all.
Old 02-07-2021, 08:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From Vill "As long as long as active player-made agreements are subverted and rules exist limiting our access to competitive endgame content. Seal Team will no longer be participating in or sponsoring server Open Raids. We have also withdrawn from all outstanding agreements regarding rotational content."

It was safe to assume or question if the Gnome Race was still on since the current sentiment is the opposite for communal efforts/events? Am I mistaken?
In case you are someone like Pacatus who isn't familiar with what competitive endgame content is, a gnome race is not the same as an open raid. If people want to interfere with the event, or believe it is being used to "make up for something", realize this event was announced well before what happened yesterday. If you want to make the decision to boycott the event due to what happened yesterday, that is of course your choice. I'll still put on the race, and hopefully we will see a winner like the one from two races ago, a guy whose highest character on the server was level 12.
Old 02-07-2021, 10:19 AM
Fire Giant

I'd say race and have fun.

I love level 1 events, drunken kelethin races, gnome races, they are all fun. Personally I doubt I'll be attending because of how the last race was handled at the ending, really soured it for me when they changed it and called ST winner at the end. Just as st doesn't like when GMs change the rules, racers don't like when the race goalpost is changed after the finish line ribbon is already passed... A shitty consolation prize would have gone a long way instead of tough luck, ST member wins.

Yes I'm bitter hahah, but seriously if you like races, then go race and have fun.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to be that guy, but if you are still a member of Seal Team after what your guild has done to the other raid guilds of this server over the past several hours, as well as the entirety of the level-appropriate player-base at the open Vox raid tonight, then the players of this server truly have no backbone at all if they do not boycott this event.

I apologize for being blunt, but I am being honest here... your guild is a bad look on you and counterproductive to the community events you work hard to put on. Hopefully, you understand where I am coming from. You can't have it both ways... you're either for the community or against it. Time to choose, man.
Someone boo this man. Boo!

You act as if it was the holocaust. More importantly, stop making a gnome race about pixel politics.
Closed Thread