Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

The mage pet is pretty faceroll until 54 or so, but necro is much more powerful overall.

I'd say mage has a high floor but low ceiling, while necro has a medium floor and high ceiling.

I'd take necro every time, but if you're lazy mage is pretty good.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:55 AM
Fire Giant

Play a shaman.

You like pets. It has a pet.
You want to solo. They are gods of soloing.
You want epic. One of the easiest epics.
You want to be useful at a raid. Debuffs, slows, heals, buffs, dps.
You want to clear dungeons. Shaman can crawl and kill in most every dungeon.
Bonus they get FD via ring from sky.
Old 02-10-2021, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

You've convinced me everyone. Necro it is.

Thanks all. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play a shaman.

Hngh...so tempting!

I did play a shaman briefly in one of my many rerolls but ended up quitting around level 14 or so. I honestly don't even remember why.
Last edited by tadkins; 02-10-2021 at 02:24 AM..
Old 02-10-2021, 05:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did play a shaman briefly in one of my many rerolls but ended up quitting around level 14 or so. I honestly don't even remember why.
Because 0-24 are the worst levels for shaman. You just function as a worse version of every other class until you hit 24 and get regen and canni, which is when you get to start reducing your downtime. Then at 34 you get a pet and its off to the races. Shammy has one of the longest startup times before they really feel their class role.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because 0-24 are the worst levels for shaman. You just function as a worse version of every other class until you hit 24 and get regen and canni, which is when you get to start reducing your downtime. Then at 34 you get a pet and its off to the races. Shammy has one of the longest startup times before they really feel their class role.
That makes sense.

The more I think about it, the more Shaman really do have a lot going for them. They do meet basically all the criteria I listed, plus a few other ones I didn't list.

Alright, change in plans. I have rolled a shaman. Not exactly the direction I thought this thread would lead me but fate is funny sometimes! Thanks all for your help. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-10-2021, 07:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play a shaman.

They are the gods of soloing at 60. From 1-59? They’re maybe second tier, maybe third tier solo-ers. Until torpor they’re way below the charm classes (chanter/necro/Druid) and below bard + mage. But shammy is better than wizard/cleric/melee.
Last edited by jadier; 02-10-2021 at 07:14 AM..
Old 02-25-2021, 06:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true. I often think about this while struggling on what to play.
"This class can do this, but not this, hmm..."

I try to think about which choice will give me the most in what I can do, then I mentally try to wave off what it can't do into something I don't really need. As an example, in the case of the cleric, I suppose I don't really need to kill giants if I can roam the world making bank on rezzes later, right?

Stuff like that. It's something I've thought way too hard on over the months I've been playing here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can vouch for rezzing not being that lucrative. People typically need rezzes in out of the way places. so you'll be spending plat to get ported around for rezzes.

Not only will you waste time traveling to make roughly 20-30 plat per rez (if you're lucky lol) but the amount of mana used by a even a 90% rez in your low 50s is remarkable.

That being said it CAN be profitable. If you have the epic. But you're still spending most of your time just traveling to places on the OFF CHANCE someone needs and is willling to pay for a res.

ULtimately you can make money on it. But it's not reliable. Most times you'll be hanging out in East Commons and someone in Mistmoore will be looking for an XP rez; or even better lower guk. If you want a money maker hit the druid class up. But others are right in that the most money you'll obtain is going to come from leveling. You just have to find camps of mobs that commonly drop things like bronze > fine steel weaponry, gems and jewelry etc. In my mid twenties early 30s I was making 2-300 pp per level as a druid solo root rotting brutes in Kunark.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:16 AM
Banned

as a fellow necromancer, i too enjoy going wherever i please
Old 02-26-2021, 12:09 AM
Orc

I leveled a mage from 1-50 in 28 days solo, 99% on my phone in the background while doing other stuff. Did the same with a druid, but stalled at 45.

My advice would be doing this first, then maybe level something more raid friendly if needed
Old 02-26-2021, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

do you like pulling rabbits out of hats, or squishing the flesh of the dead between your toes?
Closed Thread