Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 01:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New Here, what's up with Raids and Guilds and the drama

I see quite a few post here about drama for raids. I do remember that from live way back when, maybe I stayed out of it, but I don't remember it this extent. There are post about this guild or that guild, think I remember seeing a post where the person basically said raiding ain't worth it here because of how it is done. Now, I will say, getting to that point is fun, but getting there and being able to raid is also very fun.

So, really my questions are this, what is the reality of raiding at the top end and is it fun enough to be worth the journey? I had a toon several years ago on blue, didn't go to the raiding level, but I want to here. I am not one to run away from this but I remember when several guilds where on the time keys on Tunare, I think the agreement was working well, I don't remember a lot of drama.

Just questions, not a troll. I just want to have fun, level and some day raid.

Xoax
Old 02-18-2021, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Depends on what your goal is. If it's planar gear you absolutely have a great shot at it. If it's dragon gear it'll be harder but still feasible so long as you join one of the 4 guilds (well, 3 at the moment) that compete for it, or attend open raids and get lucky.

Class is also a factor. A paladin for example will get full planar gear quicker than an enchanter. Less competition. Holy water sprinklers rottin all the time
Old 02-18-2021, 02:58 PM
Banned

Exclamation

drugs and unemployment
VS
drugs and work from home employment
Old 02-18-2021, 03:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Do want to get Planar gear or at least work on it, funny you mentioned my class, an enchanter as more difficult. Want to do Kael raids and others, Dragons are always fun. I think I did 50's Hate raids and almost 40 Fear raids to get full geared and epic piece from Fear. We will see what's what though, I am only 4 just starting out here, so may change to another toon. Just trying to get a feel for it here.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
drugs and unemployment
VS
drugs and work from home employment
Haha
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 02-18-2021, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlikan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do want to get Planar gear or at least work on it, funny you mentioned my class, an enchanter as more difficult. Want to do Kael raids and others, Dragons are always fun. I think I did 50's Hate raids and almost 40 Fear raids to get full geared and epic piece from Fear. We will see what's what though, I am only 4 just starting out here, so may change to another toon. Just trying to get a feel for it here.
If you enjoy it, play it. You are playing one of the 4 imbalanced god classes of the era. Its going to be hyper overpopulated, but there's a reason why. It's super ridiculously powerful without much struggle and fun because of that.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:11 PM
Aviak

What are the other 3
Old 02-18-2021, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

Was the toon's name Bladefrenzy?
Old 02-18-2021, 04:40 PM
Fire Giant

On p99, generally in the Classic + Kunark era, one guild tends to dominate everything because there's not a ton of raid targets, and their spawns are pretty spread out (there's a +/-8hr variance on when they spawn from last kill). This leads to all sorts of drama.

The raid scene should get more fun once Velious is out. One guild will still dominate the top content, but there's lots more raid content to go around then.

If you can accept p99 raiding for what it is, it can be a lot of fun.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehairs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the other 3
Most people agree that the four god classes of the classic era are Enchanter, Shaman, Monk, and sometimes Bard.

Essentially, they can do a lot of things, are useful solo and in groups, and each can do some ludicrous feats well that no other class can do.

Shaman are the greatest big game hunters. There are targets that only they can solo. Period.

Enchanters can solo the greatest number of actual camps with ease, but sometimes with clenched butt cheeks. Enchanters know what I mean when I speak of their buttocks.

Monks are massively overturned in itemization, and skill caps for all the tricks they already get. It's just that simple.

Bards are hard coded in ways that allow them to break a lot of the rules of the game, almost like cheat codes, and 99% of the time they do it for free. They can solo more enemies at the same time in perpituity without rest then any other class and charm dance mobs below 37 better then anyone.