Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2021, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious about your thoughts on Druids. Playing one right now and it's still a goal of mine to one day see a raid. But I worry because it's the most populated class and I'm told it's not very powerful in a raid scenario. I'm also worried about the potential conflict of a druid not wanting to raid PoG as a Tunare follower, and getting backlash/kicked for that. Am I worried for nothing? xD

That guide you mention you're working on would probably be a tremendous resource for a lot of folks. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MANY of the Druids you see online are either farming alts and/or will never raid. Druids are welcomed on raids for their mobilization via ports (obviously), unparalleled fire + cold resistance spells, SOW (for the pullers) and spot heals for non-tank melees.

If you wanna play a Druid, play a Druid!
Old 02-24-2021, 05:58 PM
Fire Giant

fellow Tunare player here.
I was Divine Crusade during the time keys era
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 02-24-2021, 09:12 PM
Fire Giant

Also worth noting that just about any/all casual guilds will accept players of any class. Only a few guilds on Green have strict Class recruitment guidelines.

Even then if you get yourself level 55+, show a willingness to consistently attend raids and are not an absolute prick you can certainly find yourself a raid spot in even the topend guilds as a Druid.

It's a very long road to 60 -- play the class you most wanna play.
Old 02-25-2021, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The raiders on P99 treat this game like its a job. I'm sure it's fun for them, but for the rest of us it definitely decreases the fun in this video game made for children.
The raid scene in this is pretty ridiculous and sad. Most of the fight doesn't come down to can you take down the raid mobs in question, it's can you fight against the other players (who may be doing things like purposefully training you or otherwise griefing you to prevent you from getting the mobs before they do).

The problem is that EverQuest raiding rewards the raiders who have the least amount of lives outside of the game because of things like 8 hour windows and rewards guilds who can zerg the best. It's basically a contest of who can gather the most no-lifers with the most unhealthy pixel lust. But this is probably classic.
Old 04-07-2021, 06:14 AM
Orc

Raiding killed Green for me. I just realized one night that I hadnt had fun playing the game since I started attending raids. Ive been taking a break since like December or something. I almost feel the urge to come back. Maybe next month I'll make it there.

Raiding to me is just a giant carrot on the stick that kills your desire to exist. You never get the carrot by the way.
Old 04-07-2021, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Many raid guilds end up being more of a pyramid scheme for the average member.

If you want to raid or to get more gear easily, consider blue. There's a lot more to go around, a lot of even raid stuff will get in your hands that the top DKP earners don't really want as much, and its going to be a lot longer before you find yourself chasing a carrot at the top of the pyramid.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MANY of the Druids you see online are either farming alts and/or will never raid. Druids are welcomed on raids for their mobilization via ports (obviously), unparalleled fire + cold resistance spells, SOW (for the pullers) and spot heals for non-tank melees.

If you wanna play a Druid, play a Druid!
I mean there’s no raid size cap so it’s not like you’re gonna be rejected from the raid. But beyond being able to like animal charm in PoF with gorillas for dps you’re just a buff bot with minor spot heals it’s pretty boring.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:50 AM
Fire Giant

Imo druids are great pullers. Harmony makes them amazing in hate/fear. And their wolf form allows them to kite for days. Don't have 2 be stuck in normal role of buff spot heal bot. Fte/Pulling/kitting is the true spine of a raid force on p99
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 04-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Aviak

Raiding on p99 is fundamentally different than it was on live. This is is for a variety of reasons, but that's how it's done here. There are several factions of raiders that have differing visions on how raiding should look on p99 so it's constantly evolving over time. Generally, you have to assimilate the culture here if you want to get involved.

Regarding drama, I don't think it's much different than on live, it's the same dynamic as it always was, just a whole lot more people at the top end vying for the same content than there were in-era in my opinion.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice04 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raiding killed Green for me. I just realized one night that I hadnt had fun playing the game since I started attending raids. Ive been taking a break since like December or something. I almost feel the urge to come back. Maybe next month I'll make it there.

Raiding to me is just a giant carrot on the stick that kills your desire to exist. You never get the carrot by the way.
Curious which guild made you feel this way. seriously =)
Closed Thread