Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 12:43 AM
Sarnak

Default Of course no server reset, but...

What if velious, when complete, only came out on a new fresh server? If this has been brought up already I apologize. I've been away for almost a year. I'm sure it's too late to introduce this idea but speculation is always fun.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkMasterson1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this has been brought up already
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2015, 12:52 AM
Aviak

They have something in the works that is really nice . From what I understand after velious has been established and well tested they are making progressions servers . When these servers catch up to current blue from what I understand will be merged into current blue and reset . Don't know how the name thing will work but will be interesting .
Old 04-08-2015, 12:57 AM
Fire Giant

~4 years from now there's a good chance they release a fresh server with proper timelines.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:45 AM
Sarnak

If this does happen, wonder what would happen in the instance that all your blue character slots are filled on the original blue server, and on the progression server you say have 3 characters you've played and levelled up.

Will the 3 characters just get wiped because they can't be moved or will they overwrite slots on original. Talking about just one account, and the off chance that this type of scenario 'might' happen.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this does happen, wonder what would happen in the instance that all your blue character slots are filled on the original blue server, and on the progression server you say have 3 characters you've played and levelled up.

Will the 3 characters just get wiped because they can't be moved or will they overwrite slots on original. Talking about just one account, and the off chance that this type of scenario 'might' happen.
As everything everquest, it's the endgame of these little schemes that get all kinds of quantum effects and the machines all go haywire.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khandman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I was actually wondering a simimlar thing, anyone mention if you name a character on recycle the same as your character on blue? I assume they'll probubly give you a temp name that you can change or something, afa the account question, that is a good one! I wonder too. rog/nil smarter than me tho.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was actually wondering a simimlar thing, anyone mention if you name a character on recycle the same as your character on blue? I assume they'll probubly give you a temp name that you can change or something, afa the account question, that is a good one! I wonder too. rog/nil smarter than me tho.
Or, they could say

"You have to log onto the character you want transferred and type /transfer. Any characters not tagged before the wipe will die. If you do not have character slots on blue, it will be deleted".

It would happen in the same way as transferring characters to test server (only it would happen all at once for everyone when the server is wiped, to avoid abuse).
Old 04-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Could also restrict accounts to specific servers.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

this actually happened in classic everquest where one of the patch days they devs accidentally un-deleted every character you had ever created, on all servers. I'm not sure what kind of impact that had on the naming policies (characters with the same names??) BUT I do remember what happened was peoples lists did end up getting full (over 8 characters) and in order to find the character you wanted to see on the list, you had to re-delete those characters to get the list back down to proper size