Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was under the impression the regen ticks weren't real time here (when it updates on the screen isn't really when it updates) and that it was impossible to dance around them with canni.
Not true at all, but what does seem to be unique to P99 is that there are sort of two ticks. If you watch your mana you'll see it rise; on live, that'd be the moment you stand and start dancing. But on P99, because of some networking issue with the server that makes it out of sync with the client in some way, you have to wait a sec, and see it fall a moment later: that is when you want to dance.

... or at least something like that. I think different people might see it differently based on their network, so maybe play with it if the above doesn't work. But the basic idea is you want to wait a little after when you normally would have started dancing on live.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true at all, but what does seem to be unique to P99 is that there are sort of two ticks. If you watch your mana you'll see it rise; on live, that'd be the moment you stand and start dancing. But on P99, because of some networking issue with the server that makes it out of sync with the client in some way, you have to wait a sec, and see it fall a moment later: that is when you want to dance.

... or at least something like that. I think different people might see it differently based on their network, so maybe play with it if the above doesn't work. But the basic idea is you want to wait a little after when you normally would have started dancing on live.
There is no single pattern to follow to correctly canni-dance on p99. The way the mana moves always looks different and is never synced with the true tick. The only way to know if you are canni-dancing correctly is to watch your mana over the course of multiple ticks (3 or more) and make sure you get the proper amount of mana for meditation + cannibalize.

By the time you need to canni again, the tick will be in a different place. It's very easy to cani-dance in a way that will have you standing for every tick, in which case the spell is completely useless and you would be better off not using cannibalize at all and it would be more mana efficient to never cast regen/chloro/regrowth on yourself.

It actually a massive issue for Shaman that doesn't get fixed until level 58.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:22 PM
Kobold

Once you get Canni 2, best just to canni spam. In a perfect world Canni Dance may net a little more mana, but it doesn't take many misses to erase that benefit. Plus it's a pain in the ass, and canni spamming is just something you do automatically once you get used to it.

I find myself canni spamming even though I am at full mana sometimes because it's just what I am always doing in between other spells.
Closed Thread