Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no functionality that allows recharging on individual items. The system works as a whole, or does not at all.

Due to fervent complaints of recharging on the pvp server, it was wholly disabled.
Couldn't you do this by setting the recharge price on things like golem wands at something like 1 million pp?
Old 01-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Locket recharge = part of The Vision®

And that 20k plat dump

*edit* maybe not did not see Nilbog's post [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-26-2015, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no functionality that allows recharging on individual items. The system works as a whole, or does not at all.

Due to fervent complaints of recharging on the pvp server, it was wholly disabled.
case closed, thanks ladyberg goblin
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Banned

Like boxing, this defeats the classic experience as far as recharging. It wasn't some wide spread/widely known issue.

However, being able to farm things like the kedge ice wand for wizards in pvp is a non-classic hit for them.

Moreso the resist system before? Conflag and ice wand would probably hit for full every single time and was game breaking with that non-classic resist system.

Now? Pretty sure you're coming up empty burning a conflag wand into a geared target.

As far as trak teeth, did we ever confirm that it was an on click effect? I believe there were some items on live that said they had charges but only consumed them thru melee'ing with them. Never saw/heard of a Trak tooth used ever in pvp on live, and I'm sure it would have been if it was as powerful as it is here... especially on RZ where there was item loot.

Another thing is the golem wand camp created another contested pvp camp. And it was a much better pvp experience camping/fighting over that than the KC zone line and melee disci gib plug fest. Even better? It'd move much more pvp to the golem wand camp and out of KC... seb is FFA flagged right now (also non-classic) and HS is too risky for most to think about as a casual team.

PS: Yes I realize RZ got into VP during Velious or so, like a bunch of other guilds. Still, I you'd think at least someone would have heard it through the rumor mill that someone lost some major item over a trak tooth burn. Maybe they were worried the quest wouldn't work if you used the charge so they left it alone.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Banned

Love my custom 99 item recharging is lame and I'm glad it's gone. If we wants things to be back for the sake of being classic let's get full duration t-staffs back to then, Yeah?
Old 01-26-2015, 03:05 PM
Banned

Item recharging bad

But dispelling and resists are largely corrected

I'd be fine with golem wand and nuke clicky roll back aside from soulfire and trak tooth
Old 01-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love my custom 99 item recharging is lame and I'm glad it's gone. If we wants things to be back for the sake of being classic let's get full duration t-staffs back to then, Yeah?
Full duration wasn't classic.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Just make no instant clickies work on PCs and then enable recharge.

Would move you one step closer to classic.

Would just need to get rid of global OOC, apparently you have 150 people on red so you don't need it now right? Increasing population by 50% is pretty huge, good job! Plus would need to remove yellow text, the broken exp modifier, and add item loot.

Would be a lot closer to RallosZek2000.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Fire Giant

On Tz, locket recharging was not rampant but if you wanted to buy a charge you could. open market was like 100k to get bound in PoM. I think Linse would do it

It all depends on the server what your classic experience was
Old 01-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

yet on blue you can recharge everything BUT Ivandyr's Hoop...