Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 12:50 PM
Sarnak

Default Expected Problems/Solution Needed

I think the environment here on P99 is going to create some serious headaches with Velious's launch and something "unclassic" is going to need to be implemented prior to the launch to resolve these issues before the get out of hand instantly.

As it pertains to 3 huge Velious Quests:

Killing Dain, and turning his head in to KT yields Belt of the Dwarf Slaying.
Killing KT and turning his head in to Yelinak yields CGS/White Dragonscale Boots/ White Dragon Head.
Killing Yelinak and turning his head into KT yields Gauntlets of the Dragon Slaying
Oh and you need Dain up to do the 10th ring war

The problem with all of is the server environment created here will prevent people from doing these turn ins.

When a mob spawns currently, it's engaged within seconds. Velious will not change that.

How are people going to be able to do these turn ins, and/or spawn the 10th ring war when these mobs will be snap pulled/killed on spawn?

This needs to be addressed via some sort of additional NPCs that are not killable or sorts. Unclassic? Sure, but it's a necessity.

Secondly is the Cobolt Scar key. One could just block everybody by killing the quest mob, and preventing others from doing the quest, or the mob could just be made "unkillable". The quest is as simple as running from Skyshrine to Kael and back. If the mob is killable, it's going to create a bloody mess of hundreds of people trying to either somehow get "FTE" (see 200+ people on blue for an FFA VS yesterday).

Unfortunately in both situations "Play Nice" isn't going to hold up. I'd like to think that the devs are going to be proactive here and address a problem before it's a complete mess for GMs and Guides but these issues should be addressed head on, rather than after the fact.
Last edited by Sampten; 04-06-2015 at 12:52 PM..
Old 04-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Banned

Excellent question.

Almost positive you don't need Dain up to spawn the ring war, you need him to get the Declaration of War.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Will purposely starting and failing the ring war while a guild is attempting Dain be raid interference?

Will tagging a raid mob for faction be raid interference?
Old 04-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will purposely starting and failing the ring war while a guild is attempting Dain be raid interference?

Will tagging a raid mob for faction be raid interference?
These are more GM questions than actual prevention of play questions.

The inability to complete the turn-ins is a problem because raid mobs and turn in mobs happen to be the exact same thing in these instances. With the way mobs are snap pulled on spawn, this won't change in Velious.

Furthermore, the locking down of the quest mob to prevent others from gaining access to Cobolt Scar is a prevention of play issue.

While trying to stick to "classic" is understanding, these clear issues should be addressed (IMO) before launch by either creating a turn in NPC somewhere, and/or simply making a mob "unkillable".
Old 04-06-2015, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Will the guild that kills Statue have the rights to AoW for that cycle? the first attempt? or is he going to be FFA?
Old 04-06-2015, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegluas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will the guild that kills Statue have the rights to AoW for that cycle? the first attempt? or is he going to be FFA?
Again, this is a GM question, not a prevention of play question.

They are different animals.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Banned

u dont have this issue on red99 yowl. just saying.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Tagging other guild's mobs for faction hits shouldn't be interference. That happened all the time. So long as you wait until the mob is being DPS'd and you just get 1 point of damage in, so that you cannot mess with their mob, you should be set.

AoW I'll imagine is like all spawned mobs. You have 20min then he goes FFA. See Efreetis in Sky.

The city lord quests, so long as their spawn times are fixed durations, and you know when the next spawn is, it should be manageable. If they add 16 hour variance to Velious (worst decision imaginable, add station cash, mercenaries and defiant gear while you're at it), then it's a huge issue.

The CLASSIC Respawn on KT, Yelinak and Dain is exactly 7 days. Obtain the respawn timer and be there at the time waiting to turn in. I imagine many of these will be CoTH engages which takes 12s to cast etc. You do have a small window and some pullers are going to die giving you some window to turn in also I'm sure. Plus sim repops, etc.
Old 04-06-2015, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The CLASSIC Respawn on KT, Yelinak and Dain is exactly 7 days. Obtain the respawn timer and be there at the time waiting to turn in. I imagine many of these will be CoTH engages which takes 12s to cast etc. You do have a small window and some pullers are going to die giving you some window to turn in also I'm sure. Plus sim repops, etc.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've seen/heard to be honest and has absolutely nothing to do with variance. You have 12 seconds or less to do a turn in, or in the case of Yelinak, 3 turns ins before somebody pulls said raid mob....you've got to be kidding me.....

That's not a solution to what is going to be a major problem.

Since the server ends at Velious, the amount of guilds competing for these mobs will only exponentially increase.

This needs to be addressed via a "non classic" NPC, and you could stick that NPC near the zone in for each of these zones. Regardless, this is something that Nilbog and others need to discuss, figure out a solution, and test.

This is going to create an absolute nightmare for the GMs and Guides. Without being proactive, this is going to be a complete cluster*****
Old 04-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Eh I dunno how many will be done in 12seconds and variance does matter. Yelinak won't be pulled in 12s. He will be like Trakanon. Except more extended. People will CoTH down an engage force then get their DPS down after. Tormax will probably get pulled right away, and Dain possibly as well.

There's a big difference between show up at 8:00 PM and he will spawn. And hang around between 2 AM and 6 PM and he will spawn.

I dunno. I'm not an enormous fan of some non-classic mechanics, so that 3 quests may be more easily completed.

If you are in possession of these raid mob's heads, your guild is the one who is perpetrating the instant engage issue. In which case you can likely hault it yourself or come to an agreement with your competition to... /gasp, rotate the mobs so that when its your spawn you can leave it up to allow people to do turnins then kill?
Closed Thread