Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh I dunno how many will be done in 12seconds and variance does matter. Yelinak won't be pulled in 12s. He will be like Trakanon. Except more extended. People will CoTH down an engage force then get their DPS down after. Tormax will probably get pulled right away, and Dain possibly as well.

There's a big difference between show up at 8:00 PM and he will spawn. And hang around between 2 AM and 6 PM and he will spawn.

I dunno. I'm not an enormous fan of some non-classic mechanics, so that 3 quests may be more easily completed.

If you are in possession of these raid mob's heads, your guild is the one who is perpetrating the instant engage issue. In which case you can likely hault it yourself or come to an agreement with your competition to... /gasp, rotate the mobs so that when its your spawn you can leave it up to allow people to do turnins then kill?
This is a proactive discussion that need to be thought out about from a developer standpoint. How do I prevent a problem which is unavoidable? What's the best way to do it?

What about the Cobolt Scar quest mob?

It's not black and white. What's stopping Guild A from blocking Guild B, C, D and E from gaining access to CS/SG/WW/ToV by simply perma-killing the quest mob for weeks on end?

I have zero faith in people's ability to cooperate here. The raid atmosphere is toxic and these people genuinely do not respect one another. People aren't going to wait for others to do a turn in. That just gives them a bigger buffer to get people online ready to engage said mob. That "gentlemen's agreement" will fail. People will complain and GMs will deal with unnecessary drama. Why create more work for GMs?

Your solution is to sit there and wait and hope to make a turn in? In the event of variance, that means sitting there, waiting for 16 hours, in hopes of getting a turn in done before a pull. Whether or not their is variance in my opinion is moot. A logical solution needs to be implemented.

This server isn't "classic" There's many things here that aren't classic. An NPC in each of these zones that can be utilized for the turn ins hardly makes this "unclassic" It simply addresses a problem with the emulation and its community.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

1. Both Wenglawks and Ziglark are currently invulnerable. Anyone with 200 platinum will be able to get a Cobalt Scar key.

2. I don't see any Velious bosses being engaged instantly, at least at first. Velious targets aren't as trivial as Kunark ones.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

while were at it, I try to turn in my jboots quest but other people are killing him to spawn some other npc. can we make it so that hasten is always up?
Old 04-07-2015, 04:37 AM
Sarnak

People kill ragefire before we can buy imbue fire opal spell as well
Old 04-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 13.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
u dont have this issue on red99 yowl. just saying.
dang ima go make a new char on red, pm sent
Old 04-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Banned

real glad that when i want to turn in a dain head i can kill any other guilds trying to attack king tormax
Old 04-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Banned

while were at it, I try to turn in my jboots quest but other people are killing him to spawn some other npc. can we make it so that hasten is always up?
Old 04-09-2015, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

I feel like blue has made their bed and can now sleep in it.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:02 PM
Aviak

I think people have been smoking that kunark grass for way to long to think that dain/tormax/yel will b pulled as they spawn not letting someone complete the rather rare head quests. Raid forces will be spread out alot more considering the huge increase in targets and you cannot just zerg a raid mob with 30 and expect to win in velious like you did in kunark. Lets not go crazy and change quest dynamics just because of unfounded suspicions that velious will be so trival that the main raid mobs can b engaged within secs of spawning like in kunark lol
Old 04-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Not to mention the people with these heads to turn in will be part of the guilds most capable of pulling the raid targets when they spawn - I think they will figure something out.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Closed Thread