Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Kobold

On Live I had the Dain's head and needed to turn in to Tormax, who was often killed by a Euro guild on my server before I got online. So ... once I had the faction I had to camp my character in the throne room and had my girlfriend log me in when I was at work and do the turn in for me.

So ... these issues were on live somewhat. That said, there was no way you had 12 seconds or 2-3 minutes only to do a turn in (that's ridiculous); it was more like a few hours absolute worst case. You might have had a small annoyance factor like I described above but there is nothing "classic" about what's being potentially described in this thread.

Also, on Live people tagged bosses for faction all the time, that was accepted practice as long as doing so didn't interfere with the raid.

Killing Statue means you get AoW; you spawned it, it's your mob. Since AoW despawns I would think some reasonable time to engage would be required and he would go FFA on a wipe.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

What people seem to not grasp is.

If you are turning in a city leaders head to an opposing city leader. Your guild is getting kills. If your guild is getting kills, they are solely at fault for these mobs being tagged within 10 seconds of spawn.

You do not deserve or warrant an unclassic fix for a problem you are creating yourself.

Learn to be adults for once and maybe agree with your competition to rotate these mobs and not kill them the second they spawn. Then you will have plenty of time to turn in your piece.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

In the current rules, the main problem I see coming up is the 2 person limit near the boss when waiting for spawn.

If you have people in your guild waiting for Dain/Tormax/Yelinak to spawn, you are disqualifying your guild from tracking the boss.

Either a provision for this will need to be added to the rules (questers and trackers can't FTE), or some sort of pseudo rotation will evolve.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 04-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the current rules, the main problem I see coming up is the 2 person limit near the boss when waiting for spawn.

If you have people in your guild waiting for Dain/Tormax/Yelinak to spawn, you are disqualifying your guild from tracking the boss.

Either a provision for this will need to be added to the rules (questers and trackers can't FTE), or some sort of pseudo rotation will evolve.
so figure it out, its not rocket surgery - new rules are not needed.
Old 04-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What people seem to not grasp is.

If you are turning in a city leaders head to an opposing city leader. Your guild is getting kills. If your guild is getting kills, they are solely at fault for these mobs being tagged within 10 seconds of spawn.

You do not deserve or warrant an unclassic fix for a problem you are creating yourself.

Learn to be adults for once and maybe agree with your competition to rotate these mobs and not kill them the second they spawn. Then you will have plenty of time to turn in your piece.
I do not think its fair to assume that you have to be in a guild killing dain to need dain for a quest.

I do not expect to be getting city leader kills unless they are on some sort of rotation. I do however have ambition to do the ring quest because I think it is an awsome quest and it is doable without getting some FTE kill. If they introduce variance I will have to poopsock dain in order to hand in an item, something my schedule would not allow me to do. If the spawns are fixed I have to hope that (a) I can get a spawn timer from a guild who likely tries to protect that information and (b) be able to sneak in a turn in before they engage (which could be almost istantly depending on wether or not people are allowed to be in zone before the spawn).

I am not certain that is appropriate to make a non-classic fix, I think this discussion however is valuable for the community have and I hope that the attitude of the majority is not just tough shit if you are not in the guild getting the kills.
Closed Thread