Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 04:19 PM
Project Manager

Default Beta is back up

With beta back up, and less than a month until Velious launch, any and all bug reports/feedback are welcomed.

Points of interest for me right now are:

-Coldain Ring War (10th). Previously there was an issue with giant runners not visually stopping. This should now be fixed. I have Sentry Badain set to a 4 hour respawn to allow for multiple test attempts per day.

Will edit for additions.
Last edited by nilbog; 07-08-2015 at 04:22 PM..
Old 07-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Taken will be running a Coldain Ring War some time this weekend I think. Will report back on whether the few issues were resolved.

Snare wasn't correctly haultig walking mobs
Root was causing mobs to ghost
Certain areas caused the Giants to fall through the ground and walk under the earth to Thurg and despawn the event.

Assuming those three are fixed and Narandi is functional, it should be in good shape!

PS - Nilbog. Can you give some insight into the plans for Ziglark in Skyshrine (key quest mob for Cobalt Scar access).

He is currently invulnerable to everything. Classicly you could kill him and loot a key or charm him and do the key quest. In his invulnerable state however players will be forced to either being a class with sneak to do the key quest or they will have to grind faction until they are indifferent to CoV before they can access CS and the zones beyond.

Will he have the Invulnerable flag removed come launch?

PS2 - Have you decided what will happen with the Sea Dragon Meats that were dropped out of era? Your last post on the topic Here. I just want to make sure they get removed from game before Velious launches so that we don't have a flood of 200+ Othmir Prexus Totems being completed on Day1 of Velious.
Last edited by Daldaen; 07-08-2015 at 04:44 PM..
Old 07-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Developer

I think initially he will be invulnerable, to prevent cock blocking. That was the previous discussion. It does force doing the quest. Then make killable a few weeks in.

Of course, minds change on things.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

That gives a huge advantage to sneak classes, and forces everyone else to grind Arena for hours.

I don't see making him killable a big deal - it's not a HS key type situation since the charm option is there. It's going to be much faster for a group of 6 to do the quest via Charming than to wait 20min x 6.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 07-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In his invulnerable state however players will be forced to either being a class with sneak to do the key quest or they will have to grind faction until they are indifferent to CoV before they can access CS and the zones beyond.
If the db that is running beta atm is patched current, Ziglark should be factionless and invulnerable.

Quote:
PS2 - Have you decided what will happen with the Sea Dragon Meats that were dropped out of era? Your last post on the topic Here. I just want to make sure they get removed from game before Velious launches so that we don't have a flood of 200+ Othmir Prexus Totems being completed on Day1 of Velious.
Will revisit this.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

btw, thanks for bringing the server back up. I got a batphone the minute it came up for a raid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 07-08-2015, 05:27 PM
Developer

Maybe if we make him invul, then dont allow sneak questing. That can be done with making him see thru sneak. Make that faction grind required while he is invul.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the db that is running beta atm is patched current, Ziglark should be factionless and invulnerable.

Will revisit this.
Hrmm... Factionless you say? I dropped my faction to Indifferent to test if sneak questing it would work. I didn't know he was factionless. I'll change my faction and see if he still cons indifferent.

So is he going live in that format to prevent cockblockery? Cause classic posts that I'm looking at certainly indicate he is on CoV faction.

Excellent @ Sea Dragon Meat. Just wanted to make sure it didn't get overlooked.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe if we make him invul, then dont allow sneak questing. That can be done with making him see thru sneak. Make that faction grind required while he is invul.
Well currently if he is factionless and invulnerable, all players start with the same indifferent faction. Which is sufficient for everyone to do the CS Key Quest. Negating any need to sneak or grind faction.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:34 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When velious released on everquest live it did not require the key to zone into cobalt scar for the first month. It was a bug at the time and they fixed it, but by then plenty of people had the key. If we made the quest mobs killable, a single guild would have uncontested access to western wastes, temple of veeshan, etc for the respawn duration of that mob (Several hours at minimum I believe). That would be bad.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread