Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well in fairness - The 20 giant train that kept ping ponging and eventually got dropped on us by people running through caused the wipe. A train which is not classic, none of those mobs between EW and WL should see Invis but they do.

That being said. I agree that pull locations should be agreed upon. But when people don't want to actually have a real discussion in raid forums nothing can be done until GMs stop it. GMs stopped the Zlandicar exploit pull for example because mobs aren't supposed to path single through walls.

For Kael - I suggested the archways into the wings should be the maximum limit which these targets can be pulled to. On live these archways were the first see Invis mobs you would face and they represent separations of wings similar to how doors represent different wings in ToV. I think this would be a good idea of a limit if people could agree to it.
I think we can all agree that last night was a bit of a cluster and was to be expected. I'm very reasonable and don't take issue with it under the specific circumstances that was launch night. That being said, it's one thing to have happen last night, and another thing for this to be considered acceptable and standard procedure.

I think Tormax is going to need to be pulled to a spot somewhere on that path that isn't in argo range of the pathway between WL/EW....someplace south of the Bank. I know there's no "great" spot but it has to be far enough away to not agro people who will be going across the zone.

I know from our standpoint, Taken's KT attempts/trains of mobs/etc. caused us to have people die to Tormax (after the wipe) or to see invis giants that were not in a spot that they were supposed to be due to training off/pulling/etc. We were trying to get by and get to Skyshrine, your pulls/wipe cost us time/disrupted our force, which would go against Play Nice policy. BDA pulling Wuoshi to the WL/Kael zone line further complicated matters as it basically prevented people from running across until the mob was dead.

Again, let me reiterate, I'm not here to point fingers or play blame games. This isn't rants and flames, or a gripe session, nor am I upset at how things played out last night. The purpose here is to establish logical places to pull raid mobs so that it doesn't disrupt zones, and allows all members of the community, whether in a guild or not, the ability traverse across the zones without being squashed by a raid mob.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Yep - Kael raid mobs cannot pass the archways which lead into their area. That's simple enough and practical.

Make a rule and guilds will adapt.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make a rule and guilds will adapt.
Rules destroy the creativity this game allowed for and prohibits players from 'adapting'.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Bump because lol.
Closed Thread