Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs with aoes do affect other players though, Kael seems like the only exception to this. I assume tov Ent will have ppl idling around regularly and I'm sure dn Ent will have ppl killing spiders and messing etc. I feel like you should have to kill every tov dragon inside of its wing (where inside doesn't much matter) but maybe I'm I'm the minority.
Its relatively easy to avoid AEs, but I feel you. Zoning into Zlandicar AEing you when you're a lowly 50 Druid wanting to root rot spiders would be maximum dumb. So would Eashen blowing up some random 60 zoning into ToV to explore.

Inside the wings will be hit or miss. Especially since to do that you will be require to clear some amount of trash. Does clearing/engaging the trash first stake the claim to the mob? Or is it going to be retarded "wait til they engage trash and leapfrog them", or "engage trash and stall dragon". Because that's what it will end up being, we just haven't faced this in Kunark and Classic because every single dragon you are able to kite trash and burn them down. Inny, CT, VS, Trak, Outdoor dragons, all of it.

Seeing 3 guilds rush into HoT to break the entrance and a 4th leapfrog into Dozekar's room is going to be a reality.

We simply have too many high-end guilds to support the raiding environment here unless the system has the means to break them up. Sim repops are the best way because everyone gets a share. Variance was a way, but that just split out all the casuals and left things to the neckbeards who want to sock for 16 hours each mob every week. Rotations are a way but we saw how well those worked.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mobs with aoes do affect other players though, Kael seems like the only exception to this. I assume tov Ent will have ppl idling around regularly and I'm sure dn Ent will have ppl killing spiders and messing etc. I feel like you should have to kill every tov dragon inside of its wing (where inside doesn't much matter) but maybe I'm I'm the minority.
dont some trashy mobs have AEs as well

I dont think 2-3 people afk 'idling' at the zone should dictate where the 50-60 raiders trying to accomplish a goal should go

but this isnt the place to debate this as it seems much of this will be figured out as we go
Old 07-23-2015, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These should work just like Trakanon.

This should work just like CT.
Trakanon is the prime example of the worst mob with variance. You're required to sock with full groups and multiple mages to compete. Only 2 guilds are willing to do this for 16 hour windows. You shouldn't be required to be able to field 12 people+ for 16 hours to compete on these mobs.

PoGrowth trash run at Selos speed and faster (Atleast some do), and some root. Kiting it isn't going to be extremely feasible.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati
I dont think 2-3 people afk 'idling' at the zone should dictate where the 50-60 raiders trying to accomplish a goal should go
I think a better argument concerns the other 50-60 raiders who just wiped to that dragon at the same spot who can't even zone in and CR. Which from what I have seen on beta is likely to be much closer to reality than instant FTEs and COHing down to engage Zlandicar 2 minutes from when he spawns.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a better argument concerns the other 50-60 raiders who just wiped to that dragon at the same spot who can't even zone in and CR. Which from what I have seen on beta is likely to be much closer to reality than instant FTEs and COHing down to engage Zlandicar 2 minutes from when he spawns.
ehhh possibly - alot of this will be evident once we start training one another and derping around on live lol
Old 07-23-2015, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Zlandicar will undoubtably be a 2minute engage, even less if blocking AEs on tanks and DPS while still being able to melee is allowed on this server. Not having to deal with 20s Fears at 255 MR will be a huge tactical advantage if that's allowed.

I understand the argument against pulling to ToV zone in, but the entry hall I think should be fair game if VP's entry hall is fair game. Being hit by an AE where you zone in shouldn't happen.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Should just have a rotation system for NToV. If you leave mobs up for more than 6 hours they are FFA.

No CoTH bots. Leapfrogging is in play. Let guilds try to get jumps and wipe, these aren't your 32k pushovers.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ehhh possibly - alot of this will be evident once we start training one another and derping around on live lol
yep
Old 07-23-2015, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

i really feel like the 50-60 people should move into the wing that they want to kill a dragon in. up the difficulty just a little.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:23 PM
Planar Protector

If they want to up the difficulty, just start with all the dragons that were perma-rooted, as perma-rooted dragons. Then the decision is forced, and it becomes a LOT more challenging, since you can't simply pull around shit. Again, assuming they want to up the difficulty. Which is all the Lords and Ladies except the Ko'Doiken one.
Closed Thread