Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Sarnak

Default How to find a good chanter duo?

How have the clerics out there found good duo partners? Do you just send out a bunch of tells? Post on forums? Scream in OOC? I'm 45 and feel like the time is right to find some chanter buddies to squad up with.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Just be yourself! No rez until after the third XP session!

More seriously, the Enchanter is always going to do the heavy lifting, so the good ones will be in demand, but most people are decent 20 years after the fact. Basically as a cleric you need to do two things:
  • Always stun the enchanter pet on charm breaks rather than healing the enchanter. If you think about this even a little bit it should be obvious.
  • Don't cheap out on symbol. Again, obvious.
CLR/ENC is obviously strong, but I think trios are where it's really at in classic EQ. You can do the harder camps a bit earlier, and you don't have to be too picky about the third class. Practically any melee can do the pulling and tanking (which simplifies charm breaks) or you can double down with multiple pets.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Raev's advice is great.

It can be hard at first to find someone, especially if you're not in a guild, but once an enchanter groups with you and realizes that you know how to keep them and their pet alive, they will remember you and seek you out for more adventures. Just keep trying "/ all enc 45 60" and send tells to whoever shows up on the list.

Also, when you secure 46, you may want to get a bind in PoM. Two charm classes and a cleric can trio the puppets, which can drop thrones that sell upwards of 45k (keep in mind that the thrones are very rare, but if you think of it like, 1 Blue Throne = 1 Cleric Epic, then you're set).
Last edited by snyder43; 04-29-2019 at 06:36 PM..
Old 04-29-2019, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Enchanter + Mage + cleric ! Malo/tash haste/slow damageshield/coth(at later lvls to clear aggro after debuffs) and CH/stuns you can kill anything
Old 04-29-2019, 11:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder43 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raev's advice is great.

It can be hard at first to find someone, especially if you're not in a guild, but once an enchanter groups with you and realizes that you know how to keep them and their pet alive, they will remember you and seek you out for more adventures. Just keep trying "/ all enc 45 60" and send tells to whoever shows up on the list.

Also, when you secure 46, you may want to get a bind in PoM. Two charm classes and a cleric can trio the puppets, which can drop thrones that sell upwards of 45k (keep in mind that the thrones are very rare, but if you think of it like, 1 Blue Throne = 1 Cleric Epic, then you're set).
POM at 46? Is that possible?
Old 04-29-2019, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pijan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
POM at 46? Is that possible?
For a cleric yeah. Clerics basically need to ding 39 to be capable of 90% of the content in the game. CH with a charm pet is just stupidly OP.

I think most of the advice here is solid. I'm the enchanter in my (basically non existant) ENC / CLR relationship but my biggest issue is

>afk clerics. Clerics who join up because they KNOW I have to do 99% of the work and abuse that as a reason for them to fire up Netflix or whatever and not pay attention. Cant count the number of times I'm chain stunning and runing pets just to save my pet gear from a cleric who hasnt started his CH when the pet is at 8%

If you're duoing, make it a point to be just as active as the person you're duoing with.

We want to see you snap reacting and stunning our pets. As a cleric you'll probably be able to root / DA / gate whatever and survive but the enchanters life is on the line. Be respectful of that.

If the enc is using pet gear of any kind above a torch, respect the platinum they invested to improve their and YOUR safety. Guess who is wishing out another 500-15k to replace all that shit he lost while you were ninja afk ? Maybe you're the one cool thoughtful person who will contribute to the costs but I find 99.6% of the time, they just reply with something like "damn I'm sorry dude". And they will still have the audacity to roll on that 10k item that drops. 20 minutes after.

I personally dont like to duo anymore just because its not my style compounded with the stuff I wrote above. But some clerics I would trust to be respectful of the situation. This isnt a shaman / monk duo where the effort is more or less 50/50, this duo is 98/2. You can be a huge boon to an enchanter but you can also be a leech or worse, a detriment.

Tldr: play your class like your supposed to and respect the person who is sharing xp with you
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-29-2019, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the enc is using pet gear of any kind above a torch, respect the platinum they invested to improve their and YOUR safety.
I've lost several thousand plat in pet gear due to AFK clerics. A lot of enchanters talk to each other, and bad clerics tend to get the reputation they deserve pretty quickly.

However, I found one cleric who was always on point with his stuns, heals, and roots. I pretty much only duo with him now because I know I can count on him. Also, we have developed a good relationship, so when items drop, we never roll; we take turns selling them and then split the plat equally.

Everyone makes mistakes and most enchanters will be forgiving as long as you don't let their pets die too often. Also, they generally tell you when they're going to put gear on a pet. Even losing a torch can be a pain when you're in a dungeon and that was your last torch.
Last edited by snyder43; 04-30-2019 at 12:04 AM..
Old 04-30-2019, 12:22 AM
Sarnak

I usually just message clerics in LFG.

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 04-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Banned

/who all enc +/- 3 or 4 levels of your own

/t (enc name) hey friend, wanna go get some duo xp?

enjoy.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For a cleric yeah.
I thought there was some change made to the agro in ToV and that mages would not COTH low-level people to PoM anymore.