Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 05:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Did the server lose much?

Just trying to figure out if the server population has declined over the past few weeks, and if so, how severe are we talking?

Has anyone noticed a sudden dropoff with WoW coming out? Additionally, as far as I understand, green will be coming out soon - will the playerbase be able to sustain two separate servers, or are we at the beginning of the end here?
Old 09-05-2019, 06:04 PM
Banned

100-200 maX

alSo sChooL stRt dIS weEK
mayBe GuD elF dAdS
Old 09-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

If Green is only one server, and is classic - absolutely.
Old 09-05-2019, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Not really that much. Definitely no spikes here.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

I think Project 1999 lost more people to Phoenix Freeshard than Wow Classic... But the type of person isn't the same who plays wow classic.. Whereas baaically everyone I ran into on Phoenix was from P99 and I recognized all the peoples names lol
Old 09-05-2019, 10:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Project 1999 lost more people to Phoenix Freeshard than Wow Classic... But the type of person isn't the same who plays wow classic.. Whereas baaically everyone I ran into on Phoenix was from P99 and I recognized all the peoples names lol
I agree. I remember when WoW first came out during my original EQ days. I had a few friends and several guildies leave to play it. Almost every single one came back within a month and said EQ was way better. It just seems to me that most people who really love EQ preferred it over WoW. If it was true then that I imagine it's still true now. Though I admit I never played WoW myself because I took everyone's word for it that EQ was better.

Same thing with EQ2. People would leave to play it but most I knew came back to the original before too long.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 09-06-2019, 07:40 AM
Aviak

EQ offered more of a challenge, WoW was too easy. I play EQ cause its hard.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100-200 maX

alSo sChooL stRt dIS weEK
mayBe GuD elF dAdS
My hatchling started her school as well. I am disappointed that hand-to-hand combat is no longer being taught in our schools. Next thing you know they'll be banning practice of the dark arts and the worship of the elder things.
Old 09-06-2019, 07:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. I remember when WoW first came out during my original EQ days. I had a few friends and several guildies leave to play it. Almost every single one came back within a month and said EQ was way better. It just seems to me that most people who really love EQ preferred it over WoW. If it was true then that I imagine it's still true now. Though I admit I never played WoW myself because I took everyone's word for it that EQ was better.

Asherons Call, Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Star Wars Galaxies, Shadowbane.. WoW was in there somewhere.

EQ still has the best fantasy world imo, how it works, looks, sounds and the material it was inspired by. It is a massive multiplayer fantasy RPG designed before the min/max extreme retards turned everything into a raid or instances.
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-06-2019 at 08:01 AM..
Old 09-06-2019, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaluppo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Same thing with EQ2. People would leave to play it but most I knew came back to the original before too long.

My experience with the launch of classic WoW and EQ2 is the opposite. 2/3 of the guild left with the GL to WoW and the other third split to EQ2. My guild became a ghost town overnight where I would wander the houses and moan in the middle of the night like a ghost. Right as we were killing RZtW and the other elemental bosses to get into Time... man I was Pissed.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread