Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Developer

Default Crowdsourcing Velious Quests

There's a lot of incomplete information on various sites and in the velious scripts that already exist in our file system. Here's an example of a pretty typical quest entry on allakhazam: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1276

It's all groovy until you get to the actual handin steps:

Quote:
From here get a group of 12, 55+ people or one good group of 60s. Find Taskmaster Aboytt (you should get a tracker if possible, he's located near the wurm caves) and kill him. Once he dies he drops a sword called Edge of the Taskmaster (not needed for the quest), a piece of a talisman, and his head. Take the head and the talisman back to Kardakor. He gives you the talisman back. Now, seek out Rolandal in the Wakening Land and hail her.
Quote:
Once you have these items hand them back to Rolandar along with the talisman and you will receive an Imbued Talisman. Go back up to Ralgyn and hand this item to him. It will result in the Circlet of the Falinkan.
While functionally complete, it's missing all details regarding the handins. There's no mention of dialogue response from handins, factions modified, exp gained, whether or not the NPC despawned. All of these things matter for an accurate experience.

It's also quite time consuming for a handful of people to recreate this information themselves. Thankfully, live is now free to play on! So we're going to try something out where we keep a list of quests that need details fleshed out, and will strike them out as someone posts a fully detailed log of the quest. Since Velious is very faction-oriented, I figure it's best to organize it that way.

Please try to follow the format in the example post below.

Quest Listing

Claws of Veeshan:
<del>Ralgyn's Promise (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1276)</del>

Tunarean Court:
<del>Crest of the Drixie (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1227)</del>
<del>Crest of the Faerie Dragons (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1228)</del>
Friend of the Tunarean Court (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1106)
<del>Gloves of Earthcrafting (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=971)</del>
<del>Helm of the Tracker (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1225)</del>
<del>Natures Defender (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=883)</del>
Scrolls of the Ancient Totem (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=884)
<del>The Four Idols (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=882)</del>
<del>The Lost Tome (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=881)</del>

Kromzek/Kromrif:
<del>Faerie Dragon Wings (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1103)</del>
Last edited by kanras; 01-06-2013 at 05:47 PM..
Old 06-12-2012, 12:02 AM
Developer

Default Ralgyn's Promise

Quest: Ralgyn's Promise (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...tml?quest=1276)
Player Name: Dragoon (65 Troll Shadowknight)

Quote:
[Mon Jun 04 23:55:13 2012] You say, 'Hail, Rolandal'
[Mon Jun 04 23:55:13 2012] Rolandal says 'Greetings, traveler. I do not receive many visitors to my quarters here, besides the occasional unfortunate treasure seeker that often will make for a good snack.'
[Mon Jun 04 23:55:31 2012] You say, 'kardakor'
[Mon Jun 04 23:55:36 2012] You say, 'kardakor sent me'
[Mon Jun 04 23:55:37 2012] Rolandal says 'You are sent from Kardakor, are you? Well, surely he must have sent you to stand before me for a reason.'
[Mon Jun 04 23:56:31 2012] You say, 'rare treasures'
[Mon Jun 04 23:56:42 2012] You say, 'what rare treasures'
[Mon Jun 04 23:56:43 2012] Rolandal says 'There are three items that I seek to continue my studies of various and mysterious magics. Bring to me the teachings of a high ranking Kromzek that I hear goes by the name of Gkrean, a chipped fang from a beast deep within the Cursed Necropolis. Also for good measure I require the Head of a Kromzek Staff Sergeant to prove your dedication to our cause. Present these three items to me along with your talisman that you wish to learn more about and I shall do my best to identify its origin for you.'
***hand to Rolandal: Old Worn Talisman, Chipped Fang, Head of Staff Sergeant Drioc, Teachings of Gkrean***
[Thu Jun 07 19:19:08 2012] Rolandal says 'It would be my guess that you present this to me in hopes of finding out more about the magics it possesses. Before I can do this I require some rare treasures that you must present to me.'
[Thu Jun 07 19:19:08 2012] Rolandal says 'I had faith I would see you again, Dragoon. Your dedication to aiding me in my studies is quite noteworthy. As I promised I would earlier, I have identified this talisman; it belonged once to Faliana. You may have heard of Faliana before, for she was the mate of Ralgyn, a well respected wurm noble of our Lord Yelinak. However it was last carried by Glanitar, the son of Ralgyn, who we have not seen for some time. To see this weathered trinket, I fear the worst for young Glanitar, however, his father must know that this was found. Please take this to him and, again, I thank you for your assistance in our time of need.'
[Thu Jun 07 19:19:08 2012] Your faction standing with Claws of Veeshan could not possibly get any better.
[Thu Jun 07 19:19:08 2012] Your faction standing with Yelinak got better.
[Thu Jun 07 19:19:08 2012] Your faction standing with Kromzek could not possibly get any worse.
[Thu Jun 07 19:19:08 2012] You gain experience!!
***Receive: Old Worn Talisman, Glanitar's Imbued Talisman***
***No noticeable exp gain***
***Rolandal despawns***
[Thu Jun 07 20:10:31 2012] Ralgyn regards you as an ally -- looks kind of dangerous.
[Thu Jun 07 20:10:33 2012] You say, 'Hail, Ralgyn'
[Thu Jun 07 20:10:34 2012] Ralgyn says 'Hello, Dragoon, what brings you to these sacred quarters on this day? If it is treasure that you seek please ask someone else for I do not have time to think of such petty things. My worries are much greater at this time I am afraid.'
[Thu Jun 07 20:10:45 2012] You say, 'worries'
[Thu Jun 07 20:10:57 2012] You say, 'what worries'
[Thu Jun 07 20:10:57 2012] Ralgyn says 'Well I suppose I can tell you of my promise if you are willing to listen as I do not feel you have intentions of using anything I tell you against my dragonkin. Not many can walk these quarters unless they are very trusted amongst us.'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:09 2012] You say, 'promise'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:11 2012] You say, 'what promise'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:11 2012] Ralgyn says 'I made a promise a very long time ago to my wingmate Faliana, a promise that I feel I may have broken.'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:18 2012] You say, 'broken'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:18 2012] Ralgyn says 'I promised my dear Faliana that I would always keep her talisman close to me. If something has happened to my son I must retain his talisman so that I may keep Faliana's Talisman secure, as I promised her I always would. Before she perished she split her talisman into two pieces one of which I always will carry and the other half which my son Glanitar carries. My son has not returned to me for some time and I am deeply concerned for this is not normal behavior for him. I fear something must have happened to him for he has never been so involved in his training to not inform me of his whereabouts or to not come visit.'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:25 2012] You say, 'training'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:28 2012] You say, 'what training'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:29 2012] Ralgyn says 'It seems like it was only yesterday that my only son Glanitar was practicing his skills as a young Wurm. Before long he quickly mastered many fighting skills and the development of his magical skills rapidly progressed. He was coming along so well in his training that he was quickly drafted for the Patrol. Even when he was away for his training he would often return to me and tell me of his progress. I was very proud of him for his involvement with the Patrol. Although I am very proud of his accomplishments, I have not seen him for longer than I have ever been away from him and I fear for the worst.'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:35 2012] You say, 'what patrol'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:35 2012] Ralgyn says 'Ah yes, the patrol. Well in the Great Divide there is a collection of caves that the dragonkind holds as a sacred territory. For this reason we always have a number of our strongest up and coming younger ones train there with the great [Kardakor]. They patrol the caved labyrinth to make sure it is free from unwanted intruders who are quickly dealt with upon discovery.'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:42 2012] You say, 'kardakor'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:46 2012] You say, 'who kardakor'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:46 2012] Ralgyn says 'Kardakor is a strong and powerful Warrior. He has fought in many battles against the vile Giants and is well respected amongst our people as a champion. For this reason when one was needed to train our young fighters seeking guidance in developing both their magical and fighting techniques it was clear to us who we should select for this honor, Kardakor.'
[Thu Jun 07 20:11:55 2012] Ralgyn regards you as an ally -- looks kind of dangerous.
***hand to Ralgyn: Glanitar's Imbued Talisman***
[Thu Jun 07 20:12:24 2012] Ralgyn says 'It is with great sorrow that I receive this talisman which clearly symbolizes the death of my son, for he would first suffer a hundred deaths rather than to willingly give up his only bind to his Mother. However your assistance and dedication to me is unquestioned. For your efforts I would like you to carry something very special to me. Please take this Circlet and treasure it always as it belonged to my Faliana. I feel as much as you assisted me in obtaining the whereabouts of my son, I know that she would want you to have it as much as I do. Sadly, now I must mourn my lost son. However, I shall never forget your kindness, Dragoon. Thank you.'
[Thu Jun 07 20:12:24 2012] Your faction standing with Claws of Veeshan could not possibly get any better.
[Thu Jun 07 20:12:24 2012] Your faction standing with Yelinak got better.
[Thu Jun 07 20:12:24 2012] Your faction standing with Kromzek could not possibly get any worse.
[Thu Jun 07 20:12:24 2012] You gain experience!!
***Receive: Circlet of the Falinkan***
***No noticeable exp gain***
***Ralgyn despawns***
Old 06-12-2012, 12:04 AM
Developer

There's a lot of important data that isn't captured by the logs. Try to indicate that with asterisks as above.

- Items given
- Items received
- NPC despawns
- Measurable exp/faction adjustments
- NPC spawn locations
- NPC paths

Also, when getting hail and other say responses, start with the lowest common denominator and work up to the "known" working text. From the above post, I start with "worries". That doesn't work, so I try "what worries". That triggers the response, so we know that's the actual text required.
Last edited by kanras; 06-12-2012 at 12:19 AM..
Old 06-12-2012, 03:12 AM
Fire Giant

Just to clarify as someone who did this quest the other day (logs weren't turned on sorry, guess I'll need to enable them for future quests I complete :P) the initial head and talisman from Aboytt must be cycled through Kardakor. He was the only wurm in the caverns on CoV faction, the rest were scowls aside from Vluudeen who was threating (no idea what faction he's supposed to be on but didn't bother killing him, definitely not Yelinak though as I'm ally with him as well.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:17 AM
Kobold

Can we sticky this thread?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a lot of important data that isn't captured by the logs. Try to indicate that with asterisks as above.

- Items given
- Items received
- NPC despawns
- Measurable exp/faction adjustments
- NPC spawn locations
- NPC paths
prolly should note persons level since their live character could be 95 or something outrageous
Old 06-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Fire Giant

An excellent resource for you guys would be EQMac. It is, pretty much, just as EQ was two expansions following Velious.

Obviously, you will need to have toons that can do the quests, but there may be people who play here and there willing to help out. If I played there, I certainly would.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:34 AM
Orc

I'll try to finish up The Four Idols this week, 2 more to gather.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Banned

коли є, Velious
Old 08-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Banned

Set of very large velious changes, including changes to hybrid casting speed... torpor + celestial healing/elixir etc stacking

Venril becomes 3 day change
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-27-2012 at 02:52 PM..
Closed Thread