Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:05 PM
Kobold

NO
Old 01-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am in favor of a bazaar. Sitting in EC sucks ass.
So you'd rather sit in the Bazaar not posting to /Auction and just waiting for people to come find you to buy stuff?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you'd rather sit in the Bazaar not posting to /Auction and just waiting for people to come find you to buy stuff?
I think he was more on the buyer side of having to sit and wait to see if someone might be selling what you're looking for at a reasonable price. I could be wrong but sitting here all day rather than playing kinda sucks. Hell some people used to like the Bazaar because they could leave it up while they're at work.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Swish, I <3 your gifs, and I think you have identified a very real problem that a lot of people can agree on. I even like the idea of the "EC bazaar", and once Velious is done and the dev teams turns their sites on quality custom content, I nominate putting the "EC bazaar" at the top of the list.

All that being said, I think you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting any kind of bazaar implemented here before Velious (and all of the post-Velious patches) are complete. It's just too contrary to the core purpose of the server: Classic Everquest.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think he was more on the buyer side of having to sit and wait to see if someone might be selling what you're looking for at a reasonable price. I could be wrong but sitting here all day rather than playing kinda sucks. Hell some people used to like the Bazaar because they could leave it up while they're at work.
True, BUUUTTT an auction house is better in every way. Want to sell items while you are at work? Auction house does it better. No leaving your comp on for hours. No setting up your character again after a disconnect or the power goes out or windows updates that restart your comp...etc. The Bazaar was shit. And when this guy tries to sell something in the bazaar he will change his tune very quickly. Not to mention on live it was a ploy to get people to pay for another account so they could play and sell at the same time. It was BS.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting any kind of bazaar implemented here before Velious (and all of the post-Velious patches) are complete. It's just too contrary to the core purpose of the server: Classic Everquest.
I'm aware of that... but something needs to be done to slow down the spam and stop people climbing over each other's auctions to be at the front. Impose a 20-30 second minimum gap between using public channels in EC during peak hours, or when the EC population goes over a certain number, that's gotta be a short-term fix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2014, 09:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True, BUUUTTT an auction house is better in every way. Want to sell items while you are at work? Auction house does it better. No leaving your comp on for hours. No setting up your character again after a disconnect or the power goes out or windows updates that restart your comp...etc. The Bazaar was shit. And when this guy tries to sell something in the bazaar he will change his tune very quickly. Not to mention on live it was a ploy to get people to pay for another account so they could play and sell at the same time. It was BS.
I can't argue with that at all. I agree 110%, if we could have some sort of AH i'd love it. Its not "classic" but I'm willing to enjoy quality of life changes.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

Want classic? Remove item links in chat... (then watch people whine about wanting item links back)
Old 01-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
My problem with the Bazaar was that you have mostly afk people being 'merchants'. I prefer wheeling and dealing. You cant do that with an afk player. Not to mention i will not leave eq running 24/7 trying to sell stuff. How they got the bazaar so wrong ill never know. WoW got it right. Its sad...

Just make an auction house like Wow or Diablo 3 where you post stuff for sale and leave and play the game. Later you come and pick up your money if it sold.
Yes, they got it right.

They got it so right that you could practically automate selling your shit. In fact, you can! When you compete on those systems, you're up against a relentless undercutting machine that takes almost all the dynamics out of selling pixels. It also encourages, directly and indirectly, "gold farming".

I honestly don't even like the fact that we have an auction tracker that some people refuse to deviate from at all, which takes liquidity away from a true supply/demand barter system except for some super-high demand items, but that's the way it's done here (and yes, it is convenient).
Old 01-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Want classic? Remove item links in chat... (then watch people whine about wanting item links back)
totes justifies bazaar
Closed Thread