Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wondered why you stopped hitting EC with non-stop fungis, now I see it's due to the nerf to monk sneak I guess is what you are saying.
i stopped farming regularly, not because of the nerf, but because you eventually reach a ceiling where plat can't progress your character without joining a raiding guild. i sent some respectable offers to raiding guilds back then to buy some no-drop ntov weapons and got turned down bc their guild members needed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anymore plat camps like your fungi camp are out there tbh, and if they are actual geared players who been on the server for years live on the camps never granting a noob-ungeared player a chance to even begin to learn such a camp.
you don't need gear to learn how to pull. you just have to put the time in to learn the mechanics. post-nerf i ran around DN trying to figure stuff out and eventually did - and it can be applied to any camp. vilefang can be a profitable camp still. the new pull mechanics actually make it easier to still single pull him to zoneout if you know what you're doing.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Last edited by supermonk; 02-01-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 01:01 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now a days I make plat by leveling my various alts and hoarding/selling everything.
I find this to be true as well, as long as you don't go crazy twinking them and just buy them starter gear and spells leveling new toons can easily rack up 40k+ while lvling them 50 to 60. This is less true if you alt is shm or enc due to the higher cost of their spells

I find this a good method if doing the same plat camps on the same class wears thin. But if all you care about is making the most money either play a shm or enc and learn to solo well or form a dedicated plat making partner ship duo or trio and farm mq's and other things most solo cant
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-02-2018, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

How did i make it rich you ask?

I won every single one of those "giving away cof/fungi" threads

Just kidding those are just troll threads
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:09 AM
Fire Giant

When the server first started I leveled at all the “cash camps” the average population online during the first six months to a year was like 250 people during my hours of play, so I was able to do Lesser Fay sisters, OOT Sisters and then Highkeep Guards uncontested all the way to 50. By the time I was 50,’I’d say I had around 15k in gear and as a caster that was plenty. As I made more alts I seemed to just collect a little profit every time of twink something new, but I was never wealthy until about two years into Kunark. At that point I had made an enchanter alt, leveled it to 60 and spent a several month unemployment streak grinding out at NG for like 8 hours a day. I barely had to play, I just sat AFK and came back for my three bug kills ever 27 minutes. I usually made about 14-18k a day and I did this for months. I ended up making a couple hundred thousand plat doing that, and then also picked up a Manna Robe off of Trak that I eventually sold for about 140k.

All told I’m still not that wealthy, I have around 500k in total gear spread over 4 total alts, but I also spent around 160k total on Shaman spells (Torpor being the big one) so really id have closer to 660k. I’m not living lavish but I do alright and I have a fungi to throw on twinks when I’m bored
Last edited by Trelaboon; 02-02-2018 at 02:11 AM..
Old 02-02-2018, 03:54 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vilefang can be a profitable camp still. the new pull mechanics actually make it easier to still single pull him to zoneout if you know what you're doing.
Somebody, please. Fill this niche. I've been trying to buy Infestation for months now.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:19 AM
Kobold

Level enchanter to lvl 60, solo at BM camp in velks for Black Marbles and Flawless Diamonds, profit.
Old 02-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Banned

pre nerf there were a few iksar guards in cab that were bugged dropping vendor items that would sell and net you 5k an hour

anyone remember this?
Old 02-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premaximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Somebody, please. Fill this niche. I've been trying to buy Infestation for months now.
look for people selling chipped fang / Ralgyn's Promise / Circlet of the Falinkan MQs

though they may be coy, as they might anticipate you being there to steal their timers as well as paying for an infestation loot.
Closed Thread