Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 02:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agnarr sucks bro. Get over it.
I tried it. It really does suck! Raiding with boxes has to be one of the most boring things to do and defeats the purpose of playing this game. Sure its fun to easily gear out a bunch of alts but playing with actual people is way more fun!
Old 01-22-2018, 04:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just flag sleeperwakers for key deletion?
Ooh, I like this idea!

Honestly, there's a lot of hate in this thread about "not classic, blah blah, I have a stick up my butt about what's considered classic in my opinion". FACT: CLASSIC was that people only had to wait like maybe a year TOPS before they could raid ST after the Sleeper woke up. That fact isn't up for dispute, that's the way it went, it was the plan all along, etc. The way we've got it is NOT sticking with the plan. Right? Right.

Back to opinions though: people are playing on P99 to experience the Classic, Kunark, and Velious content, and not Classic, Kunark, and 87% of the Velious Content. I call this my "opinion", but it's pretty much a no-brainer that people don't play so that they can not experience content...

There's lots of options for how to open up this content, to be honest. It's just finding one that people feel right about, is the only question.

Option A: Early Bird gets the worm, there will only ever be one worm (not classic), everyone else loses.

Option 2: A one time reset of Sleeper's Tomb, don't screw it up this time, asshats.

Option D: A periodic reset of Sleeper's Tomb. Once every (X amount of time), ST resets.

Door #4: Follow the actual plan/timeline for Sleeper's Tomb, AKA release ST 2.0, the version after The Sleeper woke up.

My vote is actually for #4, because even though it technically happened during "Luclin timeframe", it's Velious, with Velious level loot (primals basically get re-branded as "Ancient Prismatic" instead, same stats though), and some of the old "classic" stuff never drops again, making it extremely unique/rare/special. The stuff that drops in ST 2.0 wouldn't imbalance the current game in any way either. It also isn't any kinf od a "custom version" of anything, so people don't have their nerd alarm go off and lose their friendly shit over it being "not classic". On the contrary, it's as classic as can be, because it's the REAL end of the timeline for Sleeper's tomb.

However, if too many nerd alarms are indeed tripped by that "Not Classic ***TIMELINE***" solution, then my vote is for either of the other 2 options, in order to open up content to the CURRENT and FUTURE playerbase.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every Warder kill deletes a random 6 keys from the members of that guild. A full clear drops out 24 keys. Eventually guilds would bleed keys too much and wouldn't be able to contest the zone and another guild could jump in for it. Forcing a pseudo rotation in the zone

A+ Idea Detoxx. Let's get it done. I love rotating content so everyone can enjoy it.
Doesn't that just keep the key dragons on perma-lockdown?
Old 01-22-2018, 06:12 PM
Banned

OP idea is essentially:

lets give the ring back to sauron

and ALSO take the staves away from the Istari

f*cktard!! Death to Sauron!!!
Old 01-22-2018, 07:33 PM
Fire Giant

Respawn warders, disable sleeper script, ban all former and current A/A members as well as people who were in any of the guilds that became A/A from entering the zone.

That'd do it.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:08 PM
Kobold

Respawn the warders, it's not hard.

I think the main reason people play P99 rather than Live is for twinking alts. There is nothing on P99 that you can't do on live, except put a fungi on your level 1. It's about flaunting status, and always has been, since classic EQ was new. You level your first character to 60 and use your raid gear and leveled friends to get plat and gear to pimp your alts out and be OP as fuck for the first 40 levels.

That's why Agnarr sucks, that's the reason all TLP's start out full and die off fast, you can't twink the same as classic.

The reason the warders were the coolest thing in the world is half their loot is droppable (meaning twink loot). It's also a main why reason they despawn after waking the sleeper, so there is a limited number of these items in circulation.

How many manastones are there on P99? How many Fungi's? How many pre-nerf CoS, or Fungi staffs? WAY WAY WAY more than were ever on live is the answer. But there exactly 11 SoD's?

People play P99 to get gear that has been long since nerfed into the ground. Respawning the warders is not classic, but neither is P99.

P99 is the "If i knew then what i know now" fantasy, and permanent warders is the most P99 thing i have ever heard of.
Last edited by Halfcell; 01-22-2018 at 11:10 PM..
Old 01-23-2018, 12:38 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is the "If i knew then what i know now" fantasy, and permanent warders is the most P99 thing i have ever heard of.
And the mic drops.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:43 AM
Banned

you shouldn't try to force your playstyle on anyone else. there's nothing stopping you from deleting and refarmining your keys.

ALS is wisdom
Old 01-23-2018, 01:24 AM
Sarnak

Yeah, no
Old 01-23-2018, 04:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agnarr sucks bro. Get over it.
don't think I didn't notice you updated your sig banner with some of your own blood from getting crushed in this thread

I like it

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread